PDA

View Full Version : Activated Carbon and Activated Alumina(Phosphate Sponge) FS

powerboy
10-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Carbon:I have a lot of this available its very similar to the kind Kent brands as their own. Currently using it in my tank. Have spec sheet if so desired.

I would prefer to sell it by the bag (approx 40lb)

3.00/lb, 120 for the bag.

Alumina: This is the material some of the brands of phosphate sponge actually is. The particular kind i have is 1/4" round shape. Can be reactivated over and over in a 350F oven. Alumina is a dessicant.

4.50/lb, 31.50/7lb bags.

I am located in Richmond.

powerboy
10-06-2004, 05:56 AM
It seems the bags are too big for individuals, so I will break them down into 10lb bags if its easier for people. This is 1/2 price from retail.

The carbon is made from coal, and yes, it does sizzle when rinsed :biggrin:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-22-2004, 04:10 AM
Chin Lee & I are interested in some of the phosphate sponge stuff. PM me with your contact info so I can arrange a meeting to buy some.

Anthony

Chin_Lee
11-22-2004, 06:35 AM
HeyAnthony
i've already been in touch with Powerboy and he's out of Richmond. I just haven't had a chance to go out there to get it on a weekday. Gimme a call and maybe we can work something out.
cwlee

danny zubot
11-22-2004, 03:34 PM
It pains me greatly to do this but I feel the moral need to advise you guys on this issue. I learned the hard way and lost every snail and several corls in my tank last spring form aluminum based phosphate grabbers. :sad:

Read this:

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/july2003/chem.htm

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-22-2004, 06:16 PM
Thanks Danny,

Appreciate the heads-up. I guess I'll keep using my other non-Al based Phosphate remover.

danny zubot
11-22-2004, 07:33 PM
After reading the complete article on Reef Central I found out some pros and cons of using the other kinds, which are iron oxide based. Phosban and other kinds of phosphate sponges have some downsides but prove to be much safer over all.

Tigger
01-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Do you still have any more of that carbon left? Is it a high grade carbon?