PDA

View Full Version : Cold water livestock vendors?

IanWR
07-05-2015, 05:24 AM
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a vendor that carries cold water livestock? I know there is a company in Oregon that specializes in their local livestock, is there any company in BC that collects local critters?

Ryanerickson
07-05-2015, 05:35 AM
I only know of the Oregon company also, this may be a great market in bc for someone to start or not pretty niche market

GoFish
07-05-2015, 05:56 AM
I know a guy who works for a small operation. If you are looking for something in particular I can ask for you. They are a commercial supplier so there might be a legality issue or minimum order. I've had a private tour and they have some really neat stuff.

Aquattro
07-05-2015, 06:05 AM
I thought I heard that you can't collect to sell. Probably not a big enough market either, so not worth the investment in capital.

Aquattro
07-05-2015, 06:14 AM
A marine biologist posted this to a group I'm in.

There are no required retention permits for keeping native marine species, provided they are not a SARA or red/blue listed species under federal legislation or provincial CDC. In addition, you cannot have in your possession any live animal that constitutes a commercial species ) several out there... However to capture live specimens from local waters, you will need a basic tidal fishing licence which including taxes comes to a little over $22 annually. I can let you know if your fish is legal if you post a pic.

So I guess it can be done to some degree, but is there a profit for the fisherman?

Alm
09-06-2016, 02:28 AM
did you ever find a vendor??