PDA

View Full Version : 75 Gal stocking list ..a brainstorm

Easto
07-03-2015, 12:56 PM
Flame Angel
Tang (Yellow/Kole/Bristletooth Tomini/Two Spot Bristletooth)
Ocellaris Clownfish x 2
6 Line Wrase
Coral Beauty Angelfish
Bicolor Dottyback
Blue Spotted Puffer
One Spot Foxface

I am tossing around a few ideas and by no means is this a final list. What I NEED is the clownfish. I have kids and well.... Nemo. Need I say more.

My other necessities are colour! The main reason I want to do SW over FW is the availability of bright coloured fish.

The puffer is cool and not something you see in a lot of tanks. IMO it would be a cool novelty fish (without the novelty $$$)

Yes, I know a yellow tang should be in a 6' tank, mine is 4'. Like I said, I a tossing around ideas and I have no problem buying a small Yellow tang and if I don't upgrade tanks by the time it grows I can sell it back to a LFS and get another small one. However, this is just an idea.

6 Line wrasse is a nice looking fish, if I go this route it will be one of the last fish I add in hopes it deals with some of the aggression people complaint about.

Flame Angel looks awesome, nice bright colour.

Foxface also, nice bright yellow.

As a side note I do plan on adding corals.

And...... this total list is likely overstocked or close to it. Like I said, this is a brainstorm.

gregzz4
07-04-2015, 12:33 AM
I'm assuming you're looking for some feedback/input ?

It's not a bad idea to consider getting fish that won't compete with each other. This will help minimize aggression.

Because of your tank size, IMHO, I'd choose 'either or' with the angels.
Same goes for a tang and a foxface. Plus these 2 like to swim lots and may crowd each other.
There are plenty of attractive wrasses out there that are much more well behaved than a 6 line. If you're looking for a predator to keep your tank clean, check out a yellow coris or melanurus.
A puffer will mean heavy/messy feeding/pooping, so be prepared for issues arising from said food including algae issues and cleaning up after shellfish meals.
A bicolor and clown(s) will squabble once they become established/mature. May take up to a year but will happen eventually.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Easto
07-04-2015, 01:49 AM
Damn, maybe I will pass on the puffer. I just think they are really cool looking.

Thanks for all the other info.