PDA

View Full Version : kessil or nanobox

Bodasifa
06-26-2015, 01:33 AM
about to purchase lighting for my fusion 30 gallon 36 x 15 x 13 and am trying to decide between going with 2 x kessil A160WE or a nanobox quad. The people i talk to love their kessils but a lot of people say to go with the nanobox... any opinions would greatly help as i am ready to take the plunge

zoapaly
06-26-2015, 02:27 AM
Kessil for me , best of nature looks

intarsiabox
06-26-2015, 03:31 AM
Another nice light without all the bells and whistles is the Halo Par38's. Fragbox (one of our sponsors) use them on all their frag tanks and own personal tank. See the "My Aquarium" tab on the top of their web page for an example of them over a reef tank. I personally have an Evergrow LED fixture that I'm happy with so don't have any personal experience with these lights but they look interesting.

Grayout
06-26-2015, 04:10 PM
What are you planning to keep under the lighting? I have mostly sps under three Kessil A360's and they are growing well with good color. The Kessil's shimmer and UV won me over when researching a myriad of options. I've also used metal halide/T5/PC/LED

Bodasifa
06-26-2015, 04:55 PM
planning on a bit of everything , i will be starting with easy to care for stuff as this is my first step into reef keeping

Grayout
06-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Then you will have good luck with the Kessil. You should get pretty good light penetration down to the bottom of a 30 as well. Just make sure you get the mounting height correct to maximize the spread.

Bodasifa
06-26-2015, 05:14 PM
i am trying to come up with a sleek mounting system to avoid the ugly goosenecks. I may just end up using a heavy monofilament fishing line hanging from the sealing to give the lights a look of just floating in mid air. gotta play around with a few ideas