PDA

View Full Version : Qt ing female lepoard wrasse

Craigdillman
06-18-2015, 03:50 PM
Hey got the qt all fired up for next j and l order but in Calgary seen a female lepoard wrasse and decided to grab it, been in the qt for 2 days yesterday it kinda ate some flakes and started to pick at some mysis shrimps but his behavior is pretty weird , he keeps swimming along the bottom and around the end of the glass swimming in a circle. He's sleeping in the sand I got in there and there is a large ball of cheato in there win some live rock from the sump and sand dish

Any suggestions to coach him to eat ?

Anything I can do to help his start to relax he seems so stressed (mind you only been in there 2 days)

I dosed prazi pro today thinking maybe he's got something (usually do this after tank transfer but figured won't hurt to start early)

Got ammonia badge and amm is zero

My last one didn't make it threw Qt process hoping for better result

Craigdillman
06-18-2015, 11:35 PM
Still be really eating anything any ideas?

F.H
06-18-2015, 11:56 PM
How big is the QT?

maybe she's just pacing cause it's too small, my leopard paced the glass all day when it was in QT. As long as no visible parasites/infections, and if she's eating, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Possible also sees her reflection in the glass so chasing it around?

It should settle down after a few days, hopefully. Just keep an eye on it, and try to get it eating mysis.

George
06-19-2015, 12:30 AM
Prazipro doesn't help with eating either. It's known to suppress appetite for some fish, especially bad for wrasses. FYI.

Craigdillman
06-19-2015, 12:40 AM
Yea could be seeing her reflection I'll try to remedy that, also not really eating that well was yesterday but now hardly noticing food

The QT is 20gallons I'll post a little video here after supper it has sand PVC pipes HOB filter powerhead cheato ball and one live rock

intarsiabox
06-19-2015, 11:50 PM
Mine didn't like to eat anything either until I tried micro pelleted food. It seemed like the size of the food was key for my fish. Mysis was looked at but too big, scraps of brine were eaten but rarely whole pieces, regular sized pellet food was picked at but not eaten, finally tried the micro sized pellets and she gobbled them up as fast as she could. I only have smaller fish in my tank and everyone likes the pellets so it's now become the staple.

Craigdillman
06-20-2015, 12:27 AM
Ok thanks yea today she ate 4-5 midis shrimp but like you said only the half pieces and she is now eating the particles of the flakes so I'll pick up some small pellets good idea