PDA

View Full Version : Cirrhilabrus roseafascia

gmann
06-13-2015, 01:53 AM
Hello,

I've done some research online, but was just wondering if anyone on here has had experience with this fish? Trying to figure out if it'll get along with the other wrasses in my tank

Myka
06-13-2015, 04:03 AM
How big is your tank and which wrassed are In there now?

rishu_pepper
06-13-2015, 04:17 PM
Check out the graphic in this webpage, written by a known wrasse expert:

http://www.reef2reef.com/blog/cirrhilabrus-complexes-inferiority-need-not-apply/

gmann
06-14-2015, 12:40 AM
Hi Myka, my tank is a 60 cube. Currently i got a C. laboutei, C. aurantidorsalis and C. temminckii. They all get along, only time there was drama was when i added the temminckii. the aurantidorsalis went after him, but that ended once all the lights went off. Next day they were bff

im dead set on adding a lineatus so if i only have space for 1 more wrasse in this tank, that'll be it.

gmann
06-14-2015, 12:40 AM
thanks Brian. I've been using this write up for the last little bit.

http://www.3reef.com/threads/all-about-reef-safe-wrasses.122261/#.UpIn0Hi9LCQ

Myka
06-14-2015, 04:31 AM
Check out the graphic in this webpage, written by a known wrasse expert:

http://www.reef2reef.com/blog/cirrhilabrus-complexes-inferiority-need-not-apply/

Wow, great link - haven't seen it before! Not sure I agree with it all in my own experiences, but it's quite good!

Hi Myka, my tank is a 60 cube. Currently i got a C. laboutei, C. aurantidorsalis and C. temminckii. They all get along, only time there was drama was when i added the temminckii. the aurantidorsalis went after him, but that ended once all the lights went off. Next day they were bff

im dead set on adding a lineatus so if i only have space for 1 more wrasse in this tank, that'll be it.

Lineatus and Temminickii both get rather large for a 60-gallon tank. How about a Rhomboidalis instead of a Lineatus? Honestly though, 4 relatively large Wrasses in a 60-gallon is pushing it imo, let alone 5 - especially a cube since they don't have much length to race up and down. They must do crazy laps! :lol:

rishu_pepper
06-14-2015, 04:40 AM
My limited experiences with wrasses tell me that a 60g cube is rather small for 4+ wrasses since it doesn't have the tank length. I think it can be done but don't be surprised to see future aggression once they grow up to adult sizes.

My melanurus chased a newly added temminicki for about a week, and now they generally mind their own business, save for a bit of frontin' couple times a day. Keep in mind that my tank is 8' so there is quite a bit of room for them, and they still display this aggression (there are about 10 other non-wrasse fish in there).

Good luck with your new purchases, wrasses are beautiful fishes, I myself plan to add more in the future.

gmann
06-14-2015, 04:46 AM
thanks for the replies. Rhomboid is nice too, im basically waiting on Colby to hear back from his supplier/ wait for another shipment. As for my current wrasses the orange back and laboutei just chill, while the Temminickii rides the waves sort to speak lol

i'll be upgrading to a larger tank in the near future thinking 150-180 gallon it'll give the guy guys plenty of room to exercise & explore

Myka
06-14-2015, 02:23 PM
i'll be upgrading to a larger tank in the near future thinking 150-180 gallon it'll give the guy guys plenty of room to exercise & explore

Don't count on it. Life changes. Upgrades very often don't happen as expected.