PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some cool zoa's

guitarjeffy
06-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Hello everyone! Love the forums.

New to corals not new to aquaria. Had fresh water tanks for years successfully, had FOWLR tanks for (10)years (infested with aptasia). Last of which was a 65 gallon FOWLR C/W sump that I tore down because of atrocious aptasia, live rock(65 lbs at $7.99 a lb.=$519.00 plus gst) loaded with parasites not to mention water weight....what a colossal joke. Shame on the LFS. If ever there was someone they should have been more honest with it was alas I. :sad: Given my vast years of aquatic husbandry and all....

Started a 12 gallon pico tank about six months ago with dry rock and low and behold....no aptasia....what a shock!!

It was Gold's that sold me my very first and only pair of clown fish 10 years ago...was it they who also sold me the live rock? Hmm. Can't hold a grudge though. Who doesn't love going into Gold's?(Rant over)

Any way (tongue in cheek), undeterred I am looking for some very hardy beginner corals for my tank. I love the look of zoanthids and cant wait to see them thrive with my 10 year old Clowns.

But please for the love of god, if your frags have ever been exposed to aptasia, don't sell them to me.:wink:

Ryanerickson
06-08-2015, 10:42 PM
Just a thought lots of stuff out there that removes aptasia especially in a tank with no corals. All live rock has some sort of pest or pests would not blame the store.

Lovemyocean
06-09-2015, 12:08 AM
You should have just got a file fish. Mine is a pig for aiptasia.

reefwars
06-09-2015, 12:22 AM
I have prob every zoanthid you could ever want lol shoot me a text or pm 14034998708 and your free to stop by and check it out......but don't say I didn't warn you lol :)

guitarjeffy
06-09-2015, 12:24 AM
Oh how presumptuous.

Why oh why you would assume that we aren't at least as diligent as you is beyond me. We had a file fish. Didn't work. Nor did the chemicals nor the boiling water injections nor the nudibranchs.

Why you cant see as the entire reefing community has already seen that its smarter to not introduce the pests in the first place as well as its far more environmentally friendly not to rip into coral reefs for rock but instead to mine it from the earth.

You miss the point entirely. Im looking for some Zoanthid frags. The rest was just harmless idle musings. Got n e ?

Nice Reef!! Thanks I will!!