PDA

View Full Version : Blue line pumps?

hockey nut
10-01-2004, 05:47 AM
Hi all. Anyone use blueline pumps and whats your thoughts on them. Looking for a good pump for a return. Thank you :smile:

Fish
10-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Hey. I'm a huge fan of blueline pumps, I've had an 20-hd as a return from my sump for the last four months and it runs perfectly. They are reasonably priced, pressure rated, and run super quietly. I can't even hear it when my stand is closed.
I recently picked up a used japanese iwaki 20rxlt? (the circulation one) in an ebay auction and plan on using that as a return and putting my blueline on a closed loop. Once I have them both running I will let you know how they compare but I will tell you that I have taken them both apart and they appear to be identical designs. If I had to buy another pump (hopefully not though) I wouldn't get anything other than blueline.
HTH.

- Chad

muck
10-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Information taken directly from there webpage...
Which would explain why they appear to be identical in design.
I am thinking of getting one of these as well. Just waiting for Chad's little comparison testing.
hint hint http://www.muiscontrols.com/ryan/violin.gif :razz:

http://www.bluelineaquatics.com[/url]]These pumps are designed and built by a former chief engineer from Iwaki-Japan. They feature the same flow curves, high head pressure, low noise, and reliability that have made Iwaki the best magnetic drive pumps available. The BlueLine HD pumps are even slightly quieter than Iwaki, with a lower frequency. These units are yellow rather than green and carry a full 5 Year parts and labor guarantee. All seal-free bearings and magnetic drive for 10+ years of useable life. No seals to leak!

Fish
10-01-2004, 03:23 PM
Now I'm a man on a mission!
Give me two days and you'll have your results :cool:

- Chad

Delphinus
10-01-2004, 03:28 PM
Where can you get them?

muck
10-01-2004, 03:30 PM
Now I'm a man on a mission!
Give me two days and you'll have your results :cool:

- Chad

Wow all that took was a little subtle prodding.
Didn't even have to get the matches... :razz:

Fish
10-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Haha... I cracked under the pressure. I just need a couple pvc elbows so I can finish my return line before I hook it up.

Delphinus,
The best price I could find when I bought mine was here:

http://www.aquariumpros.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=WPex

I understand that they are sometimes sold under the name "Panworld" as well. There was a 30-hd on ebay that I wanted but the guy didn't respond to my question about shipping to Canada before the auction ended. There is a 70-hd on ebay right now but it looks like aquariumpros sells new ones for cheaper. Hope this helps.

- Chad

muck
10-01-2004, 03:55 PM
Where can you get them?

Probably the best place to get them would be mail order from the states.
Some places call them Blueline some PanWorld. They are the same pumps though.
Heres a few webstores that sell them... :biggrin:

http://www.bluelineaquatics.com/dealers/index.html

Delphinus
10-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the info. Will check into that when it's time to buy a new pump! :biggrin:

I thought aquariumpros.com was the same thing as aquariumpros.ca, but judging from the prices there, those aren't Canadian prices. :eek: For a moment I thought I had found "TheMostIncrediblePricesEver(tm)" on pumps! ("Wow!!!! A Mak4 for $150?! I'll take FOUR!!!! ..... oh crap what have I done....." :eek: )

muck
10-01-2004, 04:04 PM
AquaDirect seems to be cheaper than AquariumPros.com.
And they are in Seattle, WA as opposed to Evanston, IL.
Check em out... :mrgreen:

Doug
10-01-2004, 05:50 PM
Not sure who in Canada carries them, but I believe Champion Lighting in the USA does.

muck
10-01-2004, 06:00 PM
Not sure who in Canada carries them, but I believe Champion Lighting in the USA does.
MOPS does.
The only one ive found online so far. :biggrin:

hockey nut
10-02-2004, 12:42 AM
champion lighting so far as I've seen are the cheapest. I do know you can get them in Canada from Hidden Reef in Abbottsford B.C. Talk to Mike. I'm glad someone likes those pumps. I'm going to get either a Mak 4 or Blueline 40hdx to run as my sump return for a 120. It should be plenty. Pls keep me informed on your progress. :smile:

Fish
10-02-2004, 02:52 PM
Comparison Results:

I finally got everything tied in at 2am and can tell you that the Iwaki is very quiet - my skimmer makes more noise. The blueline however is probably half again as quiet. It maybe isnt the best comparison because the blueline is the pressure rated version and the iwaki is the circulation model so it is moving more water. Both pumps are equally hot to the touch (but supposedly transfer very little heat ot the water). Overall I am really pleased, as I said, I need to unplug the maxijet1200 to the skimmer just to hear the pumps.

- Chad