PDA

View Full Version : Vortech MP10QD

The Guy
06-05-2015, 09:29 PM
I finally got some time get my new Vortech mp10qd powerhead installed in the RSM 65 gallon tank, all I can say is "WOW".
It's everything it claims to be and totally silent as well.
Just got it running on constant mode set at 1/2 speed and all the corals are lovin it. I like the fact it has a very wide nozzel delivery which pushes a wall of water across the tank instead of a smaller fire hose delivery from the pump. Going to watch some Vortech video's to figure out how I want to run it.
Ya ! they are pricey but worth the money I think. :first:

Wretch
06-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Laurie aren't you partially deaf in one ear? You sure you can't hear anything? or you just can't hear anything? :lol:

The Guy
06-05-2015, 11:40 PM
Laurie aren't you partially deaf in one ear? You sure you can't hear anything? or you just can't hear anything? :lol:
Oh! nice one! I actually used the good ear :ear: but seriously it's very quiet.
Just got to figure out what mode I want to use.

mike31154
06-07-2015, 04:10 AM
Haha, yeah, retired HVAC "Guy", must be deaf from bangin' sheet metal for years! Funnin' aside though, you know you're screwed now, right? Only a matter of time until the itch to get a 2nd pump will become too much not to scratch, especially after you start reading up on the modes & flow possibilities multiple MPs can conjure up.

The Guy
06-07-2015, 08:48 AM
Haha, yeah, retired HVAC "Guy", must be deaf from bangin' sheet metal for years! Funnin' aside though, you know you're screwed now, right? Only a matter of time until the itch to get a 2nd pump will become too much not to scratch, especially after you start reading up on the modes & flow possibilities multiple MPs can conjure up.
Nope never did any tin bashing, but around a lot of noise for years back in the days when employers didn't give a ----! or us guys making the noise either so now I'm paying for it. And ya your probably right about the second pump. LOL!

byee
07-08-2015, 05:18 AM
That's exactly what happened to me.

I thought I'd just buy one MP10 for my 45g cube.....before you know it, there's 2 MP10's in my cube! I'm still running the predecessor drivers to the QXD. I haven't been able to justify the upgrade yet especially when they're pretty quiet.

mike31154
07-08-2015, 04:36 PM
Go for 3 now, you know you want to.

The Guy
07-08-2015, 06:33 PM
Go for 3 now, you know you want to.
Thinking about another 10QD, anyone got one FS or trade, I got some BRS dosing pumps and a 1/10 hp chiller if anyone is interested. :smile: