PDA

View Full Version : Best place to learn about pests,disease and tank parameters?

jazzywashbuckler
06-05-2015, 04:50 PM
Thanks

Aquattro
06-05-2015, 04:50 PM
Internet. You're welcome. :)

jhj0112
06-05-2015, 05:04 PM
the forum called canreef...... I heard that you can learn a lot from members and posts over there..

There is also a mod with a sports bicycle icon who knows a thing or two...

gmann
06-05-2015, 06:08 PM
As Aquattro said, the Internet.

I find articles by Randy Holmes-Farley (or something like that) pretty useful

somafish
06-05-2015, 06:09 PM
I think you have posted in every category lol. If you like you could come over to my house and check out my system, its pretty basic(I dont dose, no reactors) but it has always done the trick for me and this must be atleast my 10th tank.
I use to breed clowns so I have dealt with disease and algae outbreaks before and then when you got the basics down go visit someone with a hard core sps set up system to see the other side of the hobby. Just throwing it out there.

jazzywashbuckler
06-05-2015, 06:27 PM
What makes me laugh is the cocky comments. The Internet, on this forum etc.
Obviously I encountered the Internet, otherwise hence I wouldn't be here. I'm asking for more specific info like, this book, this you tuber, this article. This product.

One of the best persons is a name called myaka I think.

I have to post in all sections to get answers. Thanks for all the info as I want to get to the point where I can keep SPS

lastlight
06-05-2015, 06:30 PM
Try Big Als or Pisces.

They should be able to show you all the pests you might encounter in person. This is handy for improving your identification skills.

They charge nothing for this either.

Wretch
06-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Check out the reference section of the forum. Read peoples tank journals. Do a search if you are looking for something specific. Lots of the information you are looking for is here, just take some time and look.

Craigdillman
06-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Start asking questions

Aquattro
06-05-2015, 06:46 PM
What makes me laugh is the cocky comments.

It's the only enjoyment I get in my day :)

reefwars
06-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Check out the articles on reefkeeping magazine , your welcome to come see our zoanthid setups as we're also in calgary and we have also taught countless reefers on water chemistry and how the aquarium functions both chemically and biologically :)

WarDog
06-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Jazzy, go around to your LFS's and ask some questions there.the guys at Concept are top notch, to name one source. Make friends here with reefers in your area and just invite them over for a beer. You'd be surprised how easy it is. The reference section on Canreef is a little dated and some links have disappeared. This is something the staff is going to be working on in the future.

...and don't mind Aquattro.. he's like that! :lol: