PDA

View Full Version : Shy tang

Proteus
06-03-2015, 05:01 PM
About 8 weeks ago I picked up a Freckle face tang. He/she was about 3" when I got him. And typically hid. But 8 weeks later still hiding. Only coming out during the evening as long as he can't see me and even then only to bolt to the grazing puck then back into his hole.. He has grown substantially around 5/6" now and looks quite healthy.. Only other fish in tank are yellow assessor and rankles assessor. Tank is 6'x24".

Any way to make him more comfortable to swim in open

jorjef
06-03-2015, 05:30 PM
Dither fish....

theokie
06-04-2015, 02:43 PM
I agree with the Dither fish comment. I have a Vlamingii that has been in my tank since he was the size of a toonie and is now pushing 8 inches that was always scared to come out for anything other then to eat. As soon as I added 3 mollies to my tank he now cruises around the tank like the regal fish that he is. He is also the largest fish in the tank.

I'm really hoping your Freckled Tang does well for you as that is the Acanthurus species I'm hoping to add to my tank

Proteus
06-04-2015, 02:50 PM
I did have other fish lamarck angel and a tomini. But believe I had a issue with flukes.. I have since treated tank and will need to wait to qt any new fish