PDA

View Full Version : Special thanks goes out to..... BETH, HARVEY, DES!

bulletsworld
09-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Just wanted to send out a special thanks to you guys for the mini tank crawl the other night! I had a SUPER FUN TIME!

It was awesome to finally get out to see your amazing tanks, laugh my butt off, get some awesome frags & geek out for the evening! :lol:

Yup, I was so exciting coming home with all my new frags & rock. I just had to stay up till wee hours even though I had to be at work early. I had to tub my rock, place my frags and the whole time I couldn't stop smiling. I ended up falling a sleep gazing away new tank setup.

Just wanted to say THANKS A BUNCH guys! :mrgreen:

Hey Harvey, (not harry..... :lol: :lol:) thanks for being my sidekick on the road and giving me some laughs! :wink: The Xenia is doing great! Waving back at yeah! Love them! What’s the other one called that you gave me... lil $ 1 one? hehe

Hey Beth, the candy canes really look SUPER under my blue lighting. But when one opened its mouth... :eek: It's kind of like it had teeth......KEWL!!! :lol: Also SUPER Thanks for picking up zoo's for me from Bob on the weekend! *HUGS* Hope Mr. Starfish loves his new home. :biggrin:

Des, now I'm SooOOooo wanting a house! I gotta have that basement! :multi: I SOOOOooooo Loved your kitchen table, FUNKY! Ever wanta sell it, I’ll buy! Also what AMAZINnnnG Tanks you have! I know the wrasse & chromis’s will LOVE their new home! Thanks for the rock! :mrgreen:

Quinn
09-30-2004, 05:58 PM
Ah so that's where my candycanes are now. Try squirting some mysis into the mouths. :mrgreen:

Nemain
09-30-2004, 06:42 PM
Starfish was moved about 10 minutes after you left to the other tank... he b-lined for the xenia :P Although he is King of the smaller tank and seems to be very happy, even if there arent any softies for him to munch!

Did you find out what those wierd little things were??????

I feed the candycanes mysis.. they love it, they are fond of cyclopeze too, but they don't grab it nearly as well.

Beth

mr_alberta
09-30-2004, 07:12 PM
Hi Lee!

Glad everything is working out for you. The $1 frag was a very small Ricordea Florida. It is very similar to a mushroom but will do well with more light and slightly higher flow.

Also, Beth, those creatures were Stomatella snails I believe:

http://www.reefcorner.com/SpecimenSheets/stomatella_varia.htm

Nemain
09-30-2004, 07:35 PM
gross little buggers o_O Glad we didnt kill them =)

Beth

mr_alberta
09-30-2004, 07:45 PM
I'll gladly take any you have if you don't want them :mrgreen:

bulletsworld
09-30-2004, 08:54 PM
gross little buggers o_O Glad we didnt kill them =) Beth

:lol: Hey thanks Harvey for naming them! They were kinda gross actually! Turned out there was 4 in that sandwich bag when I went to pull the frags out. GROSS! As they stuck to the bag, not wanting to touch them with my fingers, I said to myself, "I sure hope Harvey was right about these things" :lol: :lol: Hey Beth, you can have your bug (I mean snail) back, if you want em! :lol: :lol: Although now that I put them in my tank I haven’t seen them since.

Starfish was moved about 10 minutes after you left to the other tank... he b-lined for the xenia :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah that starfish is sure pretty but don’t let his good looks fool yeah! He will suck your xenia or softies up before you can run over screaming NOoOOoO and stop em. :lol: :lol:

Ah so that's where my candy canes are now. Try squirting some mysis into the mouths. :mrgreen: I feed the candy canes mysis.. they love it, they are fond of cyclopeze too, but they don't grab it nearly as well.

Ahh, so that’s why the candy canes were opening up wide when mysis was floating around. Yeah it was a scene like outta the movie, little shop of horror’s. The plant opening up to suck the person in. :lol: AHhhhhh……KEWL THOUGH! Yeah I love em! The bright greens/neon candy canes are SOOOoOOO beautiful under actinic!

bulletsworld
09-30-2004, 09:45 PM
The $1 frag was a very small Ricordea Florida.

Harvey, what were you feeding this lil wee guy? I think I’ll call him…..Booger! And place him on the highest rock mountain. :lol:

:mrgreen:

mr_alberta
09-30-2004, 10:42 PM
I didn't really ever feed my ricordea though I have seen them eat Mysis.

PFisher
10-01-2004, 02:18 PM
Just tagging along.

I noticed that two of the corals on my 'must aquire when cash flow permits' list were mentioned here. If there are anymore candy cane or ricordea frags floating around out there I would be more than willing to take them off of your hands.

I have a few toonie frags that I would be willing to trade (I wold be willing to pay more than a toonie, but $10 bill frags didn't sound as catchy).

Patrick

Bob I
10-01-2004, 03:26 PM
I have a few toonie frags that I would be willing to trade (I wold be willing to pay more than a toonie, but $10 bill frags didn't sound as catchy).

Patrick

When you frag a toonie, do you end up with a loonie. :question: :razz:

PFisher
10-01-2004, 05:42 PM
When you frag a toonie, do you end up with a loonie. :question: :razz:

Unfortunatly, they are very slow growing. If your lighting is just right and your nitrates are low they will still only grow by a few percent per year. Most of the time they end up dissapearing before any growth can be noticed. I must have some sort of predatory nudibrach in my tank.

Delphinus
10-01-2004, 07:10 PM
PFisher, what kind of candy cane are you looking for? I have some pink candycane with green centres that I will be looking to make frags of in the near future. They would have to hitch a ride with someone going up to Edmonton mind you, but, seems to me someone is travelling one way or the other every few weeks ....

bulletsworld
10-01-2004, 08:20 PM
I have some pink candycane with green centres that I will be looking to make frags of in the near future.

Yeah these are one of the ones I got (not from same person of course) but the candy canes that open wide like a plant monster, with a scary set of teeth when mysis comes. Really cool IMO.

For sure there is always someone going to Calgary. We just had a run last weekend, bummer we didnt' know you were looking for those frags.

Quinn
10-01-2004, 08:45 PM
Hmmm... I need an excuse to come to Edmonton over Thanksgiving. The problem is, I'll be coming to Red Deer on a Thursday and I don't know if the frags would be too happy in bags until Friday morning...

Dez
10-02-2004, 05:03 AM
[quote=
Des, now I'm SooOOooo wanting a house! I gotta have that basement! :multi: I SOOOOooooo Loved your kitchen table, FUNKY! Ever wanta sell it, I’ll buy! Also what AMAZINnnnG Tanks you have! I know the wrasse & chromis’s will LOVE their new home! Thanks for the rock! :mrgreen:[/quote]

Wanna buy my house? :biggrin:

I'm glad you had a fun evening....

bulletsworld
10-02-2004, 08:04 AM

Does the kitchen table/chairs and all the beautiful tanks come with it? :eek: :eek:

You can have the dogs though, although they were pretty cute too. Umm...O.k throw the dogs in too and all the above (kitchen table set & all the 5-6 tanks) and its a deal!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dez
10-02-2004, 03:17 PM

Does the kitchen table/chairs and all the beautiful tanks come with it? :eek: :eek:

You can have the dogs though, although they were pretty cute too. Umm...O.k throw the dogs in too and all the above (kitchen table set & all the 5-6 tanks) and its a deal!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hmmmmm.

only 142 000 bucks and you can even take the kitchen chairs and all the tanks :biggrin:

however, dogs are part the family so they go where we go.

Deal?

bulletsworld
10-03-2004, 04:41 AM
hmmmmm... only 142 000 bucks and you can even take the kitchen chairs and all the tanks :biggrin:

however, dogs are part the family so they go where we go. Deal?

Only a 142 000 BUCKAROO'S!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Umm...... How much for just the kitchen table and chairs???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Geesh......you sure run a hard bargain.