PDA

View Full Version : Hello canreef!! A few Questions and lookin for frags.

Tarolisol
09-30-2004, 05:30 PM
Hey everyone just wanted to say Hi. Im new to this forum. Now that thats outa the way, I have a few questions to see if anyone can answer, Ive just set up another Reef tank and this is my first one with MH and i was wondering if the heat from the lights will effect my florecent actinics. Also im looking for frags zoos ric and sps, thanks.

AJ_77
09-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Hey everyone just wanted to say Hi. Im new to this forum. Now that thats outa the way, I have a few questions to see if anyone can answer, Ive just set up another Reef tank and this is my first one with MH and i was wondering if the heat from the lights will effect my florecent actinics. Also im looking for frags and any kind, thanks.
Hi, and no. :biggrin:

As long as they're not too close, like nearly touching. There are a ton of threads on this and other related topics, on this and other excellent reefing boards. Try the "Search" function at left with the keywords "metal AND halide AND fluorescent" (OK maybe not fluorescent because there are many different spellings of that) and you should get a bundle of threads to look through.

Tell us some more about your tank (DETAILS, man!) and we can help further. :biggrin:

Cheers! Welcome! Can we call you "Tal"?

Tarolisol
09-30-2004, 06:14 PM
Well details are

i have one 77 gallon tank with 350 watts of PC lights which is coming along nicly as a softy tank, it was two perculas and a bicolor blenny. my new tank is 150 48"L 24"H and 30" deep, it has a 40 gallon sump with refuge, and a berline XL skimmer i got for 30 dollers and its running off a mag 7 pump and is workin great, hopefully it continues to till i can afford a new one. My return pump is a mag 18, I have 400w 10000k lights and some florecents for actinics, so far there nothing in it exept 90 pounds of live rock and a whitecheek tang, its been running for about two months. I think thats everything, I was this tank to be an SPS tank. and some clams. any suggestions would be appreciated.

And you can call me tal if i can call you agent 77

andestang
09-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Welcome "Tal" :mrgreen: Sounds like we have simular set-ups. :cool: Lots of info & experience on this site.

Tarolisol
09-30-2004, 08:39 PM
Hey andestang with your 400s i was wondering if you experianced any like color washing of your fish, my one tangs colors seem to washout with the mh on.

AJ_77
09-30-2004, 11:26 PM
my new tank is 150 48"L 24"H and 30" deep, it has a 40 gallon sump with refuge, and a berline XL skimmer i got for 30 dollers and its running off a mag 7 pump and is workin great, hopefully it continues to till i can afford a new one. My return pump is a mag 18, I have 400w 10000k lights and some florecents for actinics, so far there nothing in it exept 90 pounds of live rock and a whitecheek tang, its been running for about two months.
That sounds really cool - a reverse 150. :cool: That depth must be great to work with.

And you can call me tal if i can call you agent 77
:lol: i like it! :biggrin:

Tarolisol
10-01-2004, 01:41 AM
Yeah its nice to have the depth but hard to reach the bottom. And requires alot of LR, i figure i need about 60 more pounds. But that will come with time piece by piece as i find good prices. The metal halide is really bright to and i think i need to add some moreactinic cause its like a tanning bed. Tommorow im goin to get my first corals and maybe another fish. Still lookin for frags if anyone has any. So agent 77 whats your tank like i tried to check the web page but your part doesnt seem to work. Id love to see some pics. And im thinkin about addin a clown pair and anemone eventlly just wonder how long i should wait for an anemone and what kind would be nice. My other tank i dont feel is large enough for an anemone.

Bob I
10-01-2004, 01:46 AM
Welcome. The post just below this one advertises some Zoo frags I have available :eek: .

Canadian Man
10-01-2004, 02:48 AM
Welcome! sound's like you got a slick setup!

I am the SPS frag man. I always have my frag tank full (now anyway)
I posted some pics in the "picture" forum.

Here http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11510

Just let me know if you want to stop by and check them out.

cheers :biggrin:

Tarolisol
10-01-2004, 05:33 AM
Candian man you got PM :biggrin:

danny zubot
10-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Welcome to Canreef Tal. I can vouch for Bob's zoos (indrectly purchased) and Jonathan's frags.

Tarolisol
10-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Awsome, thanks danny, now im just waiting for canadian man to answer my pm, im so exited i cant contain my self. I need frags.

Delphinus
10-01-2004, 07:07 PM
Lots of frags to go around... don't worry. :razz: There are lots out there.

Welcome to Canreef. :cool:

Tarolisol
10-01-2004, 07:23 PM
HAHA yeah thanks del well im sure theres lots to go around the thing is money burns a hole in my pocket,, :cool: so i need to get rid of it fast. Plus im very impationt :rolleyes: . And all those frags look so nice.

AJ_77
10-01-2004, 07:23 PM
You could ask Jonathan to bring a couple/few for you on Saturday, like I did. :mrgreen:

Tony, what are you fraggin? :lol: Things all grown back?

Tarolisol
10-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Id love to ask him, but i figure hes busy or workin so he hasnt answered my pm. With nothing to do with a friday off, i might as well sit on the computer and look up reef stuff.

danny zubot
10-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Saturday?

AJ_77
10-01-2004, 08:09 PM
He's swamped at work until later tonight. But by tomorrow he'll have caught up on his PMs for sure, I would think. Not to worry! :biggrin:

Tarolisol
10-01-2004, 08:35 PM
yeah i figured he'd be workin. So agent 77 want to show me some pics of your tank. :biggrin:

AJ_77
10-01-2004, 09:24 PM
um, yeahhhh, pictures.... got some pictures somewhere... :mrgreen:

there's a bunch of older stuff in the pictures forum - just search out my user name there. the newer tank is still too new, except for a few photos posted under "Got Radiums?"

:biggrin: more to follow... I want a new camera for Xmas...

Delphinus
10-01-2004, 10:46 PM
Tony, what are you fraggin? :lol: Things all grown back?

Technically I just meant there are frags out there just for the askin'. Worst that can happen is a guy can say "no I don't really want to frag that one just yet" but more often than not a guy might say "sure why not?". :razz:

Soon to be on my chopping block is another rather largish candycane (you know about that one already), and, possibly my yellow M.cap. There may be others but I won't be doing too much pruning until I get my frag tank going (got a couple things to get done first).

Tarolisol
10-02-2004, 12:14 AM
Well agent 77 i saw some of your macros very nice how do you get them so nice. Couldnt find any wholt tanks shots though. I figure ill add a pic from my tank. Not very good still getting the hang of it.

Delphinus
10-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Let me help you with that ... :biggrin:

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1284whitecheck.gif

Tarolisol
10-02-2004, 12:21 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhh how did you do that, i couldnt even get the pick to show up in my gallery let alone in the post. :eek:

Delphinus
10-02-2004, 12:21 AM
Neat fish, BTW.

What I did to embed the picture was this: I went to the photopage (the URL you listed), and let it load. On the picture itself, I right-clicked it, then selected "Properties." I then selected the URL that it showed there, minus the "?<some number" following the .JPG extension.

I then took that URL, and pasted it inside the ... tags.

Hope this helps. cheers

Tarolisol
10-02-2004, 12:24 AM
hummm, i tried to click on the thumbnail, and i kept getting some error page. "MySQL error reported!" Oh well thanks alot.

Delphinus
10-02-2004, 12:39 AM
Hmm, that seems odd. It works for me. ?? Try again. Is it still not working for you?

I went to: photo page, then member galleries, then page 11 saw yours, clicked the photo, and then I see the two photos you uploaded.

Maybe it's some kind of sun spots or somethin' ... stoopid compooters.

Tarolisol
10-02-2004, 01:09 AM
must be those sun spots cause its workin now, well thanks for the help on postin pics. Oh canadian man where are you, i want your frags :lol: hey del you got any pics i could see. thanks

Canadian Man
10-02-2004, 03:25 AM
reading your pm right now :biggrin: Just finished inventory at work :frown:

Tarolisol
10-02-2004, 07:58 AM
Can man you got another PM :cool: Was out late tonight so couldnt answer right away sorry