PDA

View Full Version : RBTA looks more like a LTA

bluetang
09-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Looking into gettting a RBTA. Saw a few at a local retailer, but they look more like LTA's now. When they lose that bubble tip look, is that a sign of them not being healthy? Are they going to die on me as soon as I put it into my tank? Whats your thoughts?
Thanks
Rob

Delphinus
09-30-2004, 03:53 PM
The bubbles on "B"TA's pretty much come and go (more likely "go") and it's anyone's best guess as to why, ultimately. Could be a function of lighting, could be a function of something else. But not really a function of health. (At least not always.) In fact, they can be downright butt ugly with mangled looking tentacles and yet still be a picture of perfect health. I guess like with people there are the supermodels and there are the ... um .. "not" supermodels.

danny zubot
09-30-2004, 03:56 PM
This site helped me a lot, check it out.
http://biodiversity.uno.edu/ebooks/intro.html.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-25-2004, 07:28 PM
Pretty much every BTA I know of has lost their bubbles, :frown: but some have been doing well for years, so don't worry. :lol:

Corey
10-25-2004, 07:31 PM
My BTA has never had bubbles, at least since I got it, have had it for a year and has split once, even deflates and looks dead, comes back within an hour, never been a problem

bluetang
10-25-2004, 08:57 PM
Corey,
The BTA i got off you is looking good. It is now starting to get the bubble tips. Ive been feeding it some mysis with a syringe and its been eating lots.
Thanks again. I'l send you a pic once I can get a hold of a camera.
thanks
Rob

ree-fready
10-25-2004, 10:24 PM
I found with mine once they start to grow they loose their bubbles, when they`re small they have them.

Delphinus
10-25-2004, 11:49 PM
Seems mostly correct but as always there are exceptions. I have seen 14" BTA's that still had their bubbles.

Corey
10-26-2004, 12:05 AM
hey Rob, hows the brain coral you owe me, ( just kidding) glad to here hes doing well, has he moved alot?

bluetang
10-26-2004, 12:58 AM
Hasn't moved once. Put it in a place with little current. As far as the brain goes, hasnt grown a bit. could be a long while.
cheers