PDA

View Full Version : Come clean, did you kill one?

Aquattro
05-30-2015, 03:20 PM
So, it's occurred to me that everyone loves to brag about successes, and forget to mention the failures. I see this with the Moorish Idol issue, where RC has a huge thread of success stories, and I think people tend to feel they're easier than they really are, due to failure to report dying fish.
While my pair are doing great, they are only 2 of 8 recent attempts locally in Vic that I'm aware of that lived. Not great odds.

So I'm adding a poll, please vote if you've ever attempted a Moorish Idol, win or lose. It's private, nobody can see it, and I won't peek :)

Scythanith
05-30-2015, 05:15 PM
I have never tried an MI. My wife has always wanted one and I keep telling her nooope! I had a CBB for a good year and then it disappeared overnight and never found the body. I can't for the life of me keep PPE paly's alive either.

gobytron
05-30-2015, 06:04 PM
My sister bought me one...my nephew really loved it. Tried very hard to keep it alive but it just faded away...eating the whole time.

nephew was really upset.

Totally sucked.

christyf5
05-30-2015, 10:15 PM
never tried one. After Debs ate all of her zoas years ago I was kind of horrified. Then lack of availability. Then apathy.

They're nice in other peoples tanks though :razz:

Taipan
05-30-2015, 10:53 PM
I've killed several. I've also had success with several (ie. Longer than a 1 year period). Of the several that I admittedly killed - the majority withered away; 1 became lunch for a Red Carpet Anemone.