PDA

View Full Version : Box fish doing flips and barrel rolls? Sick or just playing?

Lovemyocean
05-22-2015, 10:57 PM
My box fish was doing twist and turns today around my tank. I haven't caught him doing it before. I got a video of it but I don't know how to upload it.
He looks like he's playing. Do they do that? Or does he have some sort of indigestion issue?
I saw him poo, it was green. Probably from the seaweed I feed him?

It was pretty cute watching him swim around doing those tricks it looked like he was trying to do it. But I just want to make sure it's not something bad I haven't heard of before.

Any opinions?

theokie
05-22-2015, 11:45 PM
Chances are it is an internal bacterial infection. Box and Cow Fish are very prone to these... if you catch it early enough, when the fish can still remain underwater or even hold position with out frantic swimming it may survive with a broad spectrum antibiotic treatment in a quarantine tank. Unfortunately usually by the time they are swimming erratically it is too late.

Ryanerickson
05-23-2015, 01:10 AM
Think that's called stuntin

Lovemyocean
05-23-2015, 01:36 AM
Oh no! Even if he just did this for a minute and went back to normal?
And he is still eating.
:sad:

Skimmer Juice
05-23-2015, 01:53 AM
just keep your eye on him when I had a cowfish he had boy-ency issue where he would float belly up lasted a couple days held him in the normal position to calm him down .