PDA

View Full Version : Rsm250: kessil or nanobox led?

Cameron
05-19-2015, 04:13 AM
I'm looking to add some upgraded lights to my rsm250. Kessil or nanobox? Eventually I will want to downsize to a biocube 29 or so one day. What will work on rsm250 now and also work on a biocube or other tank later?

Jordon
05-19-2015, 03:16 PM
Tried twice to get a Nanobox fixture shipped to Canada and nothing but delays and excuses. It was a nightmare. I waited nearly 2 months for my last order and said F* it and asked for a refund. The owner was good about refunding my money though.

I ended up going with a Kessil for my tank and couldn't be happier! The shimmer is out of this world and no unsightly disco! The only issue is now that I have a Kessil, every other LED fixture looks very 'disco-ey' (color banding and you can see the individual colors on the rock/sand) So i'm a Kessil guy from here on out. Or at least a dense matrix led guy :dance:

I run mine with a Bluefish controller which is awesome.

1x360we may not be enough for the 250, unless you are okay with lower light corals on the edges of the tank. The again these fixtures are pretty darn powerful. What corals are you planning to keep?

Reef Supplies
05-19-2015, 05:08 PM
Kessil is sold all over Canada, that means that you wont have any issues getting serviced, should you need to.

Cameron
05-19-2015, 07:17 PM
My RSM 250 is currently all softies and LPS. I haven't been a big fan of SPS. I tend to stick to LPS for the most part

freezetyle
05-20-2015, 04:43 PM
because the nanobox is custom it can take a while to complete orders. Dave (the owner) has since switched to making it a full time job instead of something on the side so orders are probably going out quicker. Plus they come with the Victoria Made Bluefish mini controller. So if your not in a big rush i would stick it out for the nano box. it is a good light and more of a conversation piece.

The Guy
05-20-2015, 06:29 PM
I have the Steve's full spectrum led retrofit on my RSM250, beautiful shimmer and no disco colours at all on the sand.