PDA

View Full Version : Awesome forethought - what ya got?

Myka
05-18-2015, 02:40 PM
What's the coolest part about your system? What have you done to your system to make things better, faster, easier?

I'm not talking about dosers and ATOs, I mean things like automated or semi-automated water changes, super sweet fish room or under tank layouts that are well thought out and functional. Maybe you have some little trick/gadget that you use that you think maybe people haven't really thought of before.

What ya got?

Aquattro
05-18-2015, 02:43 PM
Plumbed my top off into my RO. Never have to top off again.

Second fave, built a hose to drain and fill tank, haven't carried a bucket in years

FishyFishy!
05-18-2015, 03:35 PM
Full mixing station and water storage in the basement. Plumbed right into my topoff resevoir and water change tank. Single handedly the best thing ive done.

WarDog
05-18-2015, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I'd have to say my water change system. Performs a 25% w/c in 20 mins with no buckets or wet hands/armpits.

Myka
05-18-2015, 07:50 PM
Haha, usually our best inventions involve eliminating buckets!

reefwithareefer
07-01-2015, 04:13 AM
Mine was to install the ATM machine at the front of the house for easy access.

gregzz4
07-01-2015, 04:34 AM
Mine is along the same lines as Brad ... no more hauling buckets for me here either. Back said enough ... :smile:
I started off with an RO drum @ the back of the house and hauled buckets to the front, and waste water to the back of the house.
Then, after 3 years, I bought some hose and used a pump to fill my mixing tank. Next I modified said hose so I can pump both ways.
I now have a setup (very soon to be configured) in my sump room so I can pump RO water into my sump room drum, fill my mixing/ATO tanks from said drum, use a third drum to pump waste water into, and pump it all down the drain @ the back of the house.

Why didn't I do this years ago :doh:

WarDog
07-01-2015, 05:08 AM
Why didn't I do this years ago :doh:

That's a very good question! Lol.