PDA

View Full Version : Magnum 350 cannister filter

robbyville
09-28-2004, 02:47 AM
Hi all,

Anyone have any experience with this filter? It's being used at a local art gallery. fish are in real trouble (Mostly through excess ammonia).

My question is in regards to oxygenation, does this filter help to add 02 to the water?

Any advice, would be greatly appreciated. I'm now showing them the proper way to do a water change!

thanks,

Rob

StirCrazy
09-28-2004, 03:02 AM
My question is in regards to oxygenation, does this filter help to add 02 to the water?

Rob

only if you have it set up to pour the water back into the tank like a little water fall. there awsome filters but you have to do regular carbon changes in them if you are using the media basket.

Steve

trilinearmipmap
09-28-2004, 03:02 AM
I don't have personal experience with this filter but I have some knowledge of it from board discussions as it is a fairly common filter used by some FW plant people.

It won't affect the oxygenation of the water one way or another.

This filter can hold different types of media. Assuming it is holding a type of biomedia, if there are ammonia problems I would suggest seeding the filter with media from a cycled filter. For example a few bio-balls from someeone's wet/dry, or even a chunk of foam from someone's cycled AquaClear or sponge filter. This way the filter will cycle faster.