PDA

View Full Version : 3 gmail invites

mr_alberta
09-27-2004, 02:53 PM
Ok, Gmail keeps sending me invites.

If anyone wants one post here.

The first 4 people that post with an email they want me to send the invite to gets them.

AJ_77
09-27-2004, 04:47 PM
wait, I've got one for you:

"i_have_no_life@trend-whore.com"

how's that? :mrgreen:

(j/k, thanks for the kind offer). :biggrin:

mr_alberta
09-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Moi? Trend whore? That's um-possible :mrgreen:

So does that mean you want one Alan? :mrgreen:

AJ_77
09-27-2004, 06:10 PM
No thanks Harvey - that gmail site is blocked from work... S' OK though cause I have enough addies to keep me busy.

Just thought "trend_whore@gmail.com" might be worth getting... But I'll pass. :lol:

Quinn
09-27-2004, 06:25 PM
Market is pretty much saturated... I haven't gotten rid of any for a month or so. :neutral:

LostMind
09-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Yah, who wants your personal email spied on. Blech.

sleeman
09-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Ok I am totally lost what is gmail?

Al

Delphinus
09-27-2004, 08:08 PM
Email service from google. Highly coveted by geeks, because ... well, because geeks love google. Yes I do consider myself a geek and I do love google. :mrgreen:

That said, since my gmail account is .. um .. I think my 7th or 8th email account ... I don't really find myself using it yet. :redface: But at least I have it. :lol:

Quinn
09-28-2004, 03:55 AM
Yah, who wants your personal email spied on. Blech.

Said this a few times before, there is no real basis for this statement. If you look back at the old threads on Gmail here you'll see why.

LostMind
09-28-2004, 05:47 AM
ahhh yes, the ads are based on keywords but the content isnt scanned or saved by google in anyway.. unless you ask them too... :)

Well, I don't fully believe it but really dont care too much about it. I guess I have just seen too many "privacy policies" get used and abused to fully trust anyone now.

That said, I do think Google is a pretty upstanding company... and it is my SE of choice. And, if I didnt have my own mail server (s) I probably would use gmail since 1gb of storage isnt too shabby :)

And honestly, I really wouldnt give two rats asses if someone read my email. It's all pretty boring and non incriminating anyways... and hey, when I do get a naughty joke, is Gmail gonna tell my mother? hehe.

Oh and my fiancee has a gmail account... she seems to like it, it's her storage area/dumping ground for jokes and such.

Nemain
09-28-2004, 03:29 PM
I love my gmail.. .but alas, I am of the geek variety. I believe anyone who cares or wants one, has one. I have 9 invites still =(

BUT - the 1gig of space is awesome, and the ability to send very large files.

Beth

jgoldsney
10-01-2004, 01:04 PM
Hey, I wouldnt mind an invite....I could always use more storage :)

jgoldsney@flint-energy.com

Joel