PDA

View Full Version : LF: Canister filter

eternitybc
05-03-2015, 07:38 AM
As above. Need a magnum canister filter or similar. In the middle of a move and the fish are currently in a temp 50 gallon tank, and there is a slight algae bloom. Looking for mechanical filtration to remove the debris (we already have a skimmer).

Prefer not to buy new as its only needed for a few weeks until the new tank has cycled.

gregzz4
05-03-2015, 11:07 AM
I have a couple Rena filstar xp2 units. $85ea with new media and hoses.

eternitybc
05-03-2015, 05:27 PM
I'm not sure if that would work.. it looks like it has several media chambers (charcoal etch) . If we use to vacuum out the algae, would we Ned to empty and clean those chambers each time? When we did a large tank clean with the magnum it was easy to remove the single filter and replace with s new one while we cleaned the first. I suspect we will be cleaning it daily for the next few days until its clean again

we need more mechanical filtration- we use a filter sock on our old tank but this one doesn't have a sump or anywhere to put one.

gregzz4
05-03-2015, 06:50 PM
The baskets in these units stack so it's very easy to clean.
You can choose whatever you like to put in the baskets for filtration. They make 3 different micron rated pads, plus you can buy rolls of floss from J&L. I have some here I can show you.
I have some extra new pads for sale as well for your cleaning rotation.

PM me your # if you want to look at these.

gregzz4
05-03-2015, 10:13 PM
Did you get my PM ?
Sent it @ 1:10

gregzz4
05-03-2015, 10:51 PM
Maybe you're having trouble receiving PMs? :noidea:
I received yours, so PM me your #

gregzz4
05-04-2015, 02:15 AM
I replied to your PMs. You said you would like a filter today. I've been watching my e-mail and phone all day for your sake.
I can't do much more without your reply/#.

Hope you found what you need

I'm off to BBQ
MMM, burgers ...

reefwithareefer
05-04-2015, 06:13 PM
As above. Need a magnum canister filter or similar. In the middle of a move and the fish are currently in a temp 50 gallon tank, and there is a slight algae bloom. Looking for mechanical filtration to remove the debris (we already have a skimmer).

Prefer not to buy new as its only needed for a few weeks until the new tank has cycled.

I have a magnum with a brand new impeller, used for 1 hour.