PDA

View Full Version : Please take my money!

Bblinks
05-01-2015, 02:06 AM
check it out (http://youtu.be/RJiwZT8UO2Y), I am impressed. Someone bring some in please.

Wheelman76
05-01-2015, 02:17 AM
I'm in!!

Wheelman76
05-01-2015, 02:26 AM
Reef supplies has an open thread called " what you would like us to bring in" or something like that. Good spot to post

roblarss
05-01-2015, 02:50 AM
Says starting to ship internationally in 3 weeks, mid may.

I want one

http://reefbuilders.com/2015/04/20/innovative-marine-gourmet-grazer-put-feeding-clips-work/

Madreefer
05-01-2015, 03:09 AM
That's so simple. Are you all thinking the same as me?
Why didn't I think of that. I use those circular discs that go on those pegs and it's Gorilla glued to a small mag float. Works great. But I'll be getting one of those as well. Dried algae is so cheap

Craigdillman
05-01-2015, 05:41 AM
Ahahhahaha. I think if I did that my naso tang would be ****ed he likes to tear a corner of the folded sheet of and eat it all at once my one sheet is gone is like 20 min between him and the rest of the fish it would take forever for them to eat outa that (which is why it's probably a good idea )

Pike
05-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Its made out of PVC. . There's some debate about PVC leaching toxins. I dont know much about it , just remember reading it some where

Myka
05-01-2015, 02:19 PM
I like the idea, but the contraption appears to be something that will need replacing often. I guess at $24.99 it can be semi-disposable.

Its made out of PVC. . There's some debate about PVC leaching toxins. I dont know much about it , just remember reading it some where

Considering most of our tanks are plumbed using PVC that would be quite a concern. PVC primer and the solvent glue are both very toxic, but they off-gas quickly and once they are cured all that's left is just plastic.

From the PVC Pipe Association, PVC pipe is one of the safest and most tested materials used in North America. For over 60 years, every aspect of its production, use and disposal has been evaluated and approved by government and independent certification and testing agencies.

It meets or exceeds all required health and safety standards and regulations governed by the U.S. and Canadian Safe Drinking Water Acts and other international statutes. Its use is monitored by independent agencies like NSF International – and government bodies like the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ensure its safety through mandatory regular testing.The PVC Pipe Association even mentions saltwater aquariums, PVC is approved for use around the world in water distribution and transmission, consumer products and medical applications. It is so safe that it is used for intravenous medical tubing, and it is the pipe of choice for ecologically sensitive environments like salt water aquariums, which must use the most inert and safest pipe materials available.

Pike
05-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Yeah thats my thinking too , whats the big deal if our plumbing is all pvc. But none the less theres still plenty of debate on that. Some claiming that pvc plumbing pipe has a different finish on the surface and are fabricated with a certain combination of molecules( thats where the word Poly comes from in PVC) that prevents leaching as oppose to a more "raw" and porous PVC. I dont know, :confused:

Myka
05-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Yeah thats my thinking too , whats the big deal if our plumbing is all pvc. But none the less theres still plenty of debate on that. Some claiming that pvc plumbing pipe has a different finish on the surface and are fabricated with a certain combination of molecules( thats where the word Poly comes from in PVC) that prevents leaching as oppose to a more "raw" and porous PVC. I dont know, :confused:

I think some people think that PVC pipe is made with BPA which became a "big deal" some years ago. I don't think there is BPA in PVC pipe from my research though. It is used as a liner in some plastic pipes though.

MKLKT
05-01-2015, 04:23 PM
I was just brainstorming something similar the other day. I'm going to DIY something like that with the clear mesh used to cover tanks. Make a little folding basket to put seaweed in. Honestly I'm surprised stuff like this doesn't already exist commonly.

Bblinks
05-01-2015, 08:05 PM
I was just brainstorming something similar the other day. I'm going to DIY something like that with the clear mesh used to cover tanks. Make a little folding basket to put seaweed in. Honestly I'm surprised stuff like this doesn't already exist commonly.

I have seen that one before on American reef videos too. Again, why didn't I think of that. lol

byee
09-08-2015, 06:24 AM
Does any know if any of the LFS sells this!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-08-2015, 07:00 AM
I believe King Ed's in Burnaby sells this algae feeder.

Doug
09-08-2015, 11:16 AM
http://www.reefsupplies.ca/online-store/Feeding-acc./

rsisvixen
09-08-2015, 03:20 PM
Two little fishies is bringing out something similar that uses the magnetic clip they already have, was displayed at reefapalooza.

The Guy
09-08-2015, 03:36 PM

I don't think doing a DIY feeder can be that hard, I'm using a magnetic TLF clip right now and my guys gobble it up pretty quick, but a challenge to design and make a feeder would be fun.
Think I'll fire up the thinking cap. :rolleyes:

intarsiabox
09-08-2015, 10:56 PM
You can get those plastic mesh sheets in any sewing department that come in different square hole sizes, needle point mesh I think it may be called? Cut two sheets out the size you want, zip tie three sides closed so you can press on the top and bottom to open one side up to slip in the seaweed. Attach in your tank with a sealed magnet if you have one or a suction cup with a clip. I suppose you could use a plastic twist tie to seal the fourth side up but I don't think it would be necessary.

mike31154
09-09-2015, 03:12 AM
I'll take your money! Send it to Mike!

Duckhams
09-16-2015, 09:34 PM
We're on it. Should have them in soon! We saw them in action at MACNA and were amazed at how well they worked, and how actively the tangs in the tank went for it.

Galizio
09-25-2015, 10:26 PM
https://vimeo.com/140478873
Just wanted to share my experience with this new tool, my fishes at first did not know what to do but after a couple of days my yellow and blue tangs are going crazy .
No more big chunk of algae floating around for me, thank you IM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk