PDA

View Full Version : Coralife Salt

Madreefer
04-30-2015, 09:58 PM
I've been trying to order a pallet of salt with no help. Apparently J&L and King Eds sell to cheap and no interest in shipping. So Paul at Oceanic sent me to Concept.
I talked to Dave and ended up ordering a pallet of Coralife Salt.
I hate any Coralife Products such as lights and skimmers. Do any of you use this brand of salt and any opinions good or bad please.

I did a search on salt poll but found no info:lol:

Wretch
04-30-2015, 10:00 PM
Isn't this the sort of question you should ask before you order a pallet of it? :lol:

Madreefer
04-30-2015, 10:06 PM
Most certainly is. I use IO but they don't sell it and I'm not paying the high price for H2O2 Dave told me they use it in the tanks at the store with no issues but not the display tank. I'd like to hear from other members on this site that do use it.
Just preparing myself for a tank crash:lol:

Coasting
04-30-2015, 10:45 PM
Ive used it for 3 years and no issues. Love it.
Corals grow like crazy.
When my cat would chew on the bag and put a hole in it i noticed that bag wouldnt mix up properly after and remained cloudy in the bucket. But the other bags from that bucket worked fine. Just until the damn cat eats the bag....
I will have to figure out where to order more when i finally run out of my stash... Nobody carries it!

Madreefer
04-30-2015, 11:14 PM
Thanks. I did a search on RC and there really is'nt any bad reviews on it. I'll give it a shot for a year.
Concept Aquariums in Calgary sells it. I wanted boxes instead of buckets.

Coasting
05-01-2015, 12:03 AM
I didn't do any research prior to picking my salt... It was simply on sale for like $20 a bucket at petsmart so they could make room for their brand of salt so I bought as many as I could.
Not sure how the boxes are packed, but if the buckets are still the same as mine then you will open your bucket and find the salt divided into 3 resealable bags. No stupid "rolling" of buckets and what not I see people talk about. My biggest complaint is that id have to use a prybar on some buckets to get them open.

vaporize
05-02-2015, 11:57 AM
I didn't do any research prior to picking my salt... It was simply on sale for like $20 a bucket at petsmart so they could make room for their brand of salt so I bought as many as I could.
Not sure how the boxes are packed, but if the buckets are still the same as mine then you will open your bucket and find the salt divided into 3 resealable bags. No stupid "rolling" of buckets and what not I see people talk about. My biggest complaint is that id have to use a prybar on some buckets to get them open.

$20 a bucket??? Wow I would buy all I can also, how long ago was that

The Guy
05-02-2015, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure how much good rolling does, but I still do it. BTW folks the $29.99 a bucket for IO at King Ed's is gone, So I phoned there to see what a pail costs now , they told me $34.99, so I went there to Burnaby from Langley figuring it was still a bit of a saving and when I paid at the counter I was told it's $39.99. They wouldn't give me the quoted price I was given and was told "we don't give prices on the phone, which is BS". I won't go back there I'd rather pay the little extra to J&L, it's a principal thing with me.
Sorry Bill didn't mean to Hijack your thread, I'll be interested to know how the Coralife salt works for you. How many pails on a skid?

Myka
05-02-2015, 05:57 PM
IIRC, Coralife used to have excessively high calcium. I'm not sure if that info is still current, and I haven't used Coralife myself. As with all new buckets/bags of salt, I'd suggest you test at the least "the big three" in your first bin of mixed saltwater.

Nate
05-02-2015, 06:53 PM
Hey guys, coralife salt comes through the company I work for. I use it in a bunch of my maintenance tanks, and it comes out pretty consistent for the big 3. Dissolves fast and we are on our 3rd 53 foot container of it.

In all those bags sold we have beer had a complaint. Price did just take a hit b/c of US dollar but it is still a very reasonable salt. I'll bet one of the vendors here would organize another group buy for a pallet if you asked him. I can throw another buck or two off the boxes if we get enough.

Ask your favorite vendor!

Madreefer
05-02-2015, 07:24 PM
Sorry Bill didn't mean to Hijack your thread, I'll be interested to know how the Coralife salt works for you. How many pails on a skid?

Hey your not hijacking bud. Besides we all do it. And I think rolling buckets is silly too.
I ordered 30 boxes on the skid