PDA

View Full Version : Dive video

Snappy
04-28-2015, 06:37 AM
Sorry it's a bit long and the videography isn't great - first time using a go pro and doing under water video.
https://youtu.be/5zRTVeN0rq0

Not sure why it is starting in the middle of the clip - my apologies, I apparently made some rookie mistakes in the youtube upload.

hillegom
04-28-2015, 07:43 AM
Seems like there is a lot of life on that reef. Not the clearest waters, but sure looks like an abundance of diversified life.
Colours are good. Mine never turn out that well.
What go pro model is that you use? and the settings? Do you use a filter? Mine seem more greyish blue. I have to learn how to use mine better. I have a Hero3+
black edition.
Thanks

Craigdillman
04-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Looks good next time your there you guys got to go to Cozumel and dive the reefs are much better with some actual coral and way more fish good first video tho

reminds me i need to dive more ...

Snappy
04-29-2015, 01:20 AM
Seems like there is a lot of life on that reef. Not the clearest waters, but sure looks like an abundance of diversified life.
Colours are good. Mine never turn out that well.
What go pro model is that you use? and the settings? Do you use a filter? Mine seem more greyish blue. I have to learn how to use mine better. I have a Hero3+
black edition.
Thanks
Hero3+ silver - used a red filter.

Snappy
04-29-2015, 01:30 AM
Looks good next time your there you guys got to go to Cozumel and dive the reefs are much better with some actual coral and way more fish good first video tho

reminds me i need to dive more ...
I have dove the reefs in Cozumel several times and yes it is world class however Puerto Vallarta has some incredible diving to offer and although the corals & sponges are much smaller I honestly think there may be a greater diversity of sealife in PV. One dive I'm riding a Manta and the next petting sea horses. This video does no justice to the dives and the visibility was not the best that week however as witnessed in the video - plankton brings manta rays. The thing with PV is you need to get up very close to the reef rocks to really see what's there.

daplatapus
04-29-2015, 04:56 AM
Dove In PV last year on a cruise to Cabo and the whole time we were in the whales were singing. Amazing experience. Viz sucked then too, but there were morays all over and tons of fish. Loved what we could see.
Dove Cozumel quite a few years back, 15-20 probably. Heard lots of the sites we dove got ravaged by the last few hurricanes and what not over the last few years.

Either way, both great places to dive with great diversity.

Snappy
04-30-2015, 01:21 AM
Either way, both great places to dive with great diversity.
I agree 100%
Thanks for looking.

lorenz0
04-30-2015, 01:54 AM
Jealous of that manta ray, finally saw one in the Grande Caymans but it was just off shore. Thanks for the video! Diving PV next march to finalize my logged dives towards my Padi divemaster

Snappy
04-30-2015, 03:59 AM
Jealous of that manta ray, finally saw one in the Grande Caymans but it was just off shore. Thanks for the video! Diving PV next march to finalize my logged dives towards my Padi divemaster
Thanks for taking the time to watch.
I had shot that manta video on our first dive of the day so on the 2nd tank dive I had my opportunity to ride a manta and it was an incredible experience but as murphy's law dictates I had left my camera on the boat. It stayed still for me while I gave it a good back & belly rub down and then took me for a sweet ride.:mrgreen:
I am also planning on completing my Padi divemaster certification very soon as well - I just need to book it and run through the course, I have way more than enough logged dives but just need to pull the trigger. I should be back in June so I might do it then - need to also find time to do a refresher "first responder" course first as my Rescue diver cert was quite a while ago and I believe for the DM cert you need to have the first aid piece current within a year.

neoh
04-30-2015, 06:32 AM
I like it!

I dove in Punta Cana in February this year in the DR. Saw some nice tangs, triggers and sparse lionfish, among some others, but from my understanding most of the coral was wiped out by hurricanes and human error. Sad, really. I took a gopro with me as well (Hero3) - really good visibility for both dives. Not much to see though I'm afraid. The waves were really strong, and it was hard to keep close to anything without being knocked into whatever it was I was swimming towards.

I didn't know Mexico had that sort of life, especially moorish idols! I am getting my PADI license this summer to do more diving around the world. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for sharing.