PDA

View Full Version : FS: Orange/Gold tip torch Single Head - South Port Coquitlam

Coasting
04-27-2015, 05:19 PM
I finally broke this guy off the rock and he is finally big enough to frag!
I have had dozens of people ask and comment about this coral when they've come by to purchase other things.

I apologize the photos are terrible and don't show true colour. But I also don't edit my photos with photoshop.
Tips show a stunning orangey gold colour under blues.
I swear it looks nicer in person lol I just don't know how to take photos.

I will not be cutting it until the person buying it is here in person ready to take it home. So I am more then happy to not sell it at all.
Single Head.
2"+ expansion.
$40
PM ONLY
Pick up only.
No holds.
Potential trade for other "designer" euphyllia I don't have.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/IMG_4257.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/IMG_4259.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/IMG_4251.jpg

Coasting
04-28-2015, 11:20 PM
Bump.
Last night available in town.
Lots of interest and people saying they want it but nobody capable of actually being able to commit to come get it. Again no loss if it doesn't sell.

gobytron
04-28-2015, 11:22 PM
I'm interested.

Just not too sure about taking a fresh cut frag home...

Why not cut it and make sure it heals before having someone else take it home?

Ryanerickson
04-28-2015, 11:34 PM
Torches are usually cut below the skin nothing to heal.

gobytron
04-28-2015, 11:41 PM
thats a good point, however, You have to generally pull them out of the water first...Euphyllia hate being out of the water at all.

It's a pretty stressfull process, even if you're not directly cutting any skin.

Have certainly fragged them before where they didn't make it.

Especially to then immediately stress it out even more in the travel to it's new home followed by even more stress when it's introduced to a new system with inevitably different water parameters, lighting and flow.

Just seems like more risk when you are paying a premium for a premium coral.

acepumping
04-29-2015, 12:59 AM
I have personally snipped under water and sawed outta water. I have cut 100's never had issues. Only need to heal If you try to cut threw the splitting part of the tissue..

RYAN you are 1000% right..

LOL

OHHH by the way, I have sawed and transported a lot when I saw threw the tissue. STILL no issues.. I have people who will vouch

Aquattro
04-29-2015, 01:01 AM
There is no stress to a Euphylia from cutting, in or out of water. It's pretty much cut and go.

Coasting
04-29-2015, 01:30 AM
I have always sold all my euphyllia like this. Even the "premium" stuff.
I don't offer frags of the coral if I don't have a safe spot to cut that's away from all tissue.
If it's dying on you then there are other issues at hand. I have always asked people to let me know if anything happens to their frags and no complaints so far. I had Scott Tang get mad at me once because I wouldn't cut through the squishy part of my pink frogspawn and he really wanted a frag...
Ive accidentally crushed the entire skeleton of a frag and held it back together with a rubber band and a bit of glue and it healed just fine.

Coasting
04-29-2015, 01:39 AM
thats a good point, however, You have to generally pull them out of the water first...Euphyllia hate being out of the water at all.

When re-arranging my tank I have left my euphyllia sitting on the lid for my tank for an hour before, and occasionally wandered off and forgotten about it and it was fine. :lol: whoops.

Coral Hoarder
04-29-2015, 03:54 AM
I got mad? What lol no I asked and said I'd take the risk

The torch I got from you is doing well
- Scott tang

canadianbudz604
04-29-2015, 04:29 AM

It's a pretty stressfull process, even if you're not directly cutting any skin.

Have certainly fragged them before where they didn't make it.

Especially to then immediately stress it out even more in the travel to it's new home followed by even more stress when it's introduced to a new system with inevitably different water parameters, lighting and flow.

Just seems like more risk when you are paying a premium for a premium coral.

I think you were fragging them wrong. I've cut them lots out of the water and haven't had a single one die yet. Just gotta make sure u put them in a big enough bag when you sell them, right Dave. :lol:

acepumping
04-29-2015, 04:33 AM
When re-arranging my tank I have left my euphyllia sitting on the lid for my tank for an hour before, and occasionally wandered off and forgotten about it and it was fine. :lol: whoops.

I have left it out for a very long time too!! Especially when fragging a ton
It don't hurt. Coasting, if you need a saw for anything let me know, I don't mind bringing it out if needed and maybe I can buy a head or two..

I mean if your gonna frag with a butter knife, it might get messy yes!!and yes, you may loose corals.. ;)
"Biting my tongue" <~~~~imagine this emoji!!

acepumping
04-29-2015, 04:34 AM
I think you were fragging them wrong. I've cut them lots out of the water and haven't had a single one die yet. Just gotta make sure u put them in a big enough bag when you sell them, right Dave. :lol:

+1 to that... I'll never forget when I bought that off ya.. haha that was a very long time ago..

canadianbudz604
04-29-2015, 04:35 AM
I want to see a pic of this pink frogspawn, don't hold out on me coasting

Coasting
04-29-2015, 03:35 PM
Ahhh my list of people to never sell to or buy from is steadily growing.

Gone
Could probably frag another head next time I'm around.

Everyone else was calling it pink frogspawn so that's just what I ended up referring to it as....
Speaking of which this one will be do for a major fragging next time I'm around before it starts to affect the growth of my gold and orange hammers.
But just the way the heads grow on this one their so close together you would be cutting into fleshy bits to get even a group of heads.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/IMG_4242.jpg

gobytron
04-29-2015, 04:07 PM
pm'd.

:lol: