PDA

View Full Version : Only one of my two clownfish hosting RBTA?

reefy
04-27-2015, 10:05 AM
I have a paired of clown fish (black ice and darwin) just over 2 months. I recent added a RBTA. I just found out that only one of my clownfish (black ice) is hosting my Bubble Tip Anemone. The problem is the other one won't go near it. Will it eventually go with its mate or maybe not ever? the RBTA should have plenty of room for both (8''x8'')

rayjay
04-27-2015, 01:01 PM
Actually, the anemone is doing the "hosting", and the clowns are the "hosted".

Aquattro
04-27-2015, 01:32 PM
Will it eventually go with its mate or maybe not ever?

Yes :)

Myka
04-27-2015, 01:58 PM
I agree with Brad (and Ray). :)

monocus
04-27-2015, 08:45 PM
no matter what type of anemone i have put in my clowns stay at the top corner of my tank

Apo Reefer
04-27-2015, 09:23 PM
Sean,

Don't worry about the Darwin not hosting right now, it will eventually go with the Black Ice and will be hosted.

My first pair of clowns only host the Female on the get go, then after a couple of weeks the male went with her and stayed on their host RBTA for good.

Hope that give you some peace of mind... go get some sleep will you. :lol:

reefy
04-27-2015, 10:03 PM
Lol.. Thanks Apo, Because they are different type of clown fish, I thought one is hosting because is wild and the other that isn't hosting most be captive bred. But as far as I know my black ice breeder is a local guy named "timbits"

reefy
04-29-2015, 04:37 AM
today I saw the Black Ice (male) wouldnt allow the Darwin(female) to join him. is wierd that the male is smaller and is winning the battle.
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/seantsephotography/Rose%20Anemone_zpsrskqmpmy.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/seantsephotography/media/Rose%20Anemone_zpsrskqmpmy.jpg.html)

Apo Reefer
04-29-2015, 05:02 AM
Nice shot Sean! That's a gorgeous RBTA :wink:

Give him a week or two, the Darwin will be there with him.

Time to get some sleep. :lol:

Wretch
04-29-2015, 05:30 AM
My clownfish totally ignore the rbtas in my tanks. So your are lucky, you are half way there. Great photo.

reefy
04-29-2015, 05:59 AM
Nice shot Sean! That's a gorgeous RBTA :wink:

Give him a week or two, the Darwin will be there with him.

Time to get some sleep. :lol:

thanks APO for the beautiful RBTA, its indeed a nice one. when is fully extended for some reason it forms a heart shape, I like it very much..

Apo Reefer
04-29-2015, 06:36 PM
You're welcome Sean, yes the RBTA usually shrinks when hosting clowns and their tips becomes bubbly. Sometimes they get irritated.

At least that what I noticed on my RBTAs. The one you have is at least 4" when fully open and extending her tentacles.