PDA

View Full Version : LF: American DJ or Technical Pro PS9U power bar

reefaddict29er
04-27-2015, 01:54 AM
Hey guys,

Anyone have an extra American DJ or Technical Pro PS9U power bar for sale?

Thanks,

Joe

input80
04-27-2015, 05:15 AM
Hey Joe,

I found ours at Long & Mcquade about 2 yrs ago.
Just looking for where might have it, will text you.

Wretch
04-27-2015, 05:21 AM
Sent you a PM.

Myka
04-27-2015, 02:00 PM
I found ours at Long & Mcquade about 2 yrs ago.

Long & McQuade doesn't carry them anymore. They told me they aren't importing them anymore because they aren't CSA approved. You can get them online from US retailers, but those are the only places I've found so far.

GoFish
04-27-2015, 02:16 PM
Long & McQuade doesn't carry them anymore. They told me they aren't importing them anymore because they aren't CSA approved. You can get them online from US retailers, but those are the only places I've found so far.

Say what? I paid L+M for another one at the beginning of March and was told early April.... Thanks for the heads up

Myka
04-27-2015, 02:21 PM
Say what? I paid L+M for another one at the beginning of March and was told early April.... Thanks for the heads up

I paid for 3 in October, and they called me in late March to come get a refund.

reefaddict29er
04-27-2015, 04:26 PM

Thanks for all the info everyone...guess it's gonna be harder to find one than I thought :(

Anyone know why they aren't CSA approved?

Anyone have any suggestions for something similar? Hopefully something available locally would be great ;)

Thanks,

Joe

Myka
04-27-2015, 05:21 PM
Anyone know why they aren't CSA approved?

It costs the company money to get the inspections and approvals. Many companies don't bother with the Canadian market.

davej
04-27-2015, 06:33 PM
Here

http://www.tigerdirect.ca (http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8527080)

GoFish
04-27-2015, 10:01 PM
American DJ is a pretty large company, surely they'll take the time and effort to get the CSA approval. I spent 1/2hr at L&M today chatting with a tech in rentals and he believes it's to do with the thickness of the housing... Their system says "do not order, not CSA approved"
It would've been nice to get a phone call! Been waiting for about a month and a half...

There are a couple other 8 channel switched power supplies on EBay that are basically identical to the ADJ PC-100. If you choose the PS9U keep in mind that the plugs on the back are closer together making your options for what can be plugged in beside each other difficult. I'd stick with 8 channel or less. Myka had brought this up fairly recently in another thread

Myka
04-28-2015, 02:54 AM
American DJ is a pretty large company, surely they'll take the time and effort to get the CSA approval.

Maybe, maybe not. It's just one product. They wouldn't be the first large company not to bother with us Canadians. Most of our aquarium equipment is not CSA approved either. Take a boo.

It would've been nice to get a phone call! Been waiting for about a month and a half...

Did you read my reply? I waited 6 months for that phone call. :lol:

GoFish
04-28-2015, 03:07 AM
Maybe, maybe not. It's just one product. They wouldn't be the first large company not to bother with us Canadians. Most of our aquarium equipment is not CSA approved either. Take a boo.

Did you read my reply? I waited 6 months for that phone call. :lol:

I read the October part but forgot the math :) that's brutal...

And hey Joe, if you Pm me your contact info I may able to order you an extra one tomorrow that would be here in a few days.

davej
04-28-2015, 04:57 AM
Ordered mine from tiger direct like in the link above. They had it to me in a little over a week.

regent2009
04-29-2015, 11:05 PM
do not put it inside the cabinet. mine used 2 years half outlet was gone (now 4 years old) . now only 2 r still working.