PDA

View Full Version : FF: XL RBTA... But theres a catch! - South Poco

Coasting
04-26-2015, 04:40 PM
I want this ****** gone! NOW!
I've had a 500gph powerhead pointed at him for the last 4 days and he still persists on bubbling up and trying to look happy. I have tried ice. His foot remains happily planted in a little cave, so he just stretches the rest of his body away from the flow.
He is 12-14"+ fully expanded with happy bubbled tips.
I have seriously contemplated jabbing him until he is all shrunk up then epoxying over him.
If I can get him off the rock myself, he will be $50.
If you think you have the skill to remove him from the rock for me in 1 visit, with out damaging any other coral on the rock - or the general arch shape of the rock, he is yours free.

Photos of before power head pointed at him, and after. He does frequently get a bit bigger. But we are often jabbing at him with the pokey stick to make him shrink up. For perspective that's a 3ft wide tank. And the majority of him in that photo was facing the back of the tank.

(I will be out for a bit today but should be around later)
South Poco off Pitt River Road near Kilmer Elem.
PLEASE PM ONLY!

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/IMG_4222.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/IMG_4227.jpg

--------

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/IMG_4233.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Fish%20Tank%20-%20SW/IMG_4239.jpg

spit.fire
04-26-2015, 05:15 PM
i bet i could get it out :lol:

Animal-Chin
04-26-2015, 05:22 PM
That's gorgeous, why so angry at it? Lol

Coasting
04-26-2015, 05:31 PM
Hes gotten too big.
I cant put anything around him.
Stinging everything around it. An inch more and he will be wiping out all my coral on the rock to the left.
Id be cool if he split every now and then but he's done it once in 3 years.
It does look good but I just wish he was smaller and I had more room for other coral.

The Guy
04-26-2015, 05:31 PM
:drama: I see your clowns don't even like him hovering over the green monti on the left.

Coasting
04-26-2015, 05:33 PM
:drama: I see your clowns don't even like him hovering over the green monti on the left.

This is my 3rd set of clowns since I started salt water.
Not a single pair has ever wanted anything to do with my nem.

Coasting
04-26-2015, 05:39 PM
Potentially pending for Albert to come take a whack at him.
Tough part of me still wants to keep him LOL well see ;)

Apo Reefer
04-26-2015, 06:12 PM
I bet I can cast a spell on him... he will be in my bucket in a minute :lol:

Such a gorgeous creature. :p

christyf5
04-26-2015, 11:23 PM
LOL! I'm kind of curious as to how this turns out :razz: I've never put an anemone in my tank because 1. they don't stay where you want them to and 2. they leave a swath of death wherever they decide to travel to and then 3. they make babies that do 1 and 2 :wink:

They are gorgeous though...

Coasting
04-26-2015, 11:36 PM
LOL! I'm kind of curious as to how this turns out :razz: I've never put an anemone in my tank because 1. they don't stay where you want them to and 2. they leave a swath of death wherever they decide to travel to and then 3. they make babies that do 1 and 2 :wink:

They are gorgeous though...

But mine doesn't travel and it only leaves its swath of death in a circle of its house :P The 1 baby it spilt off didn't kill a single thing on its path haha
I honestly might like this thing more if it didn't get so god damn big!
Though ive heard they only split if their stressed and don't like tank perams or somethings off... as a means to preserve life it doubles itself. so I guess I can take it not splitting as a compliment

FOR THOSE ASKING IF THE ROCK CAN COME OUT!
Yes the rock can come out but you cannot simply peel him off the rock!!!
His foot is rooted into the vast crevices of this little cave. I have peeled a nem off a rock before and I have attempted to peel this guy. It just doesn't work! So unless you have a special tool or a secret something else, don't bother asking if you think you can just show up, remove the rock, and peel him off.

I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to get him off myself, with no success, there are some tiny crevices in that rock cave. And I have girl hands and finger nails so im 1up on most of the guys here for this type of attempt.

So you if you think can do it, at least tell me how you intend to do it prior to me giving you the okay. Because I am not having somebody come in and destroy my rock or kill the thing. I can do that myself.

reefy
04-27-2015, 09:43 AM
FOR THOSE ASKING IF THE ROCK CAN COME OUT!
Yes the rock can come out but you cannot simply peel him off the rock!!!
His foot is rooted into the vast crevices of this little cave. I have peeled a nem off a rock before and I have attempted to peel this guy. It just doesn't work! So unless you have a special tool or a secret something else, don't bother asking if you think you can just show up, remove the rock, and peel him off.

I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to get him off myself, with no success, there are some tiny crevices in that rock cave. And I have girl hands and finger nails so im 1up on most of the guys here for this type of attempt.

So you if you think can do it, at least tell me how you intend to do it prior to me giving you the okay. Because I am not having somebody come in and destroy my rock or kill the thing. I can do that myself.[/QUOTE]

since the rock can come out, lets make it simple, sell it with the rock. :)

Coasting
04-27-2015, 03:25 PM
since the rock can come out, lets make it simple, sell it with the rock. :)

Okay $250
XL RBTA
Rock
Colony of Pink encrusting Monti
Colony of Montipora Confusa

1986CJ7
04-27-2015, 06:21 PM
Okay $250
XL RBTA
Rock
Colony of Pink encrusting Monti
Colony of Montipora Confusa

If you hold it until June 6th when I come back from Montreal I'll take it

reeferious
04-27-2015, 10:06 PM
This is how I've loosen those dozen or so rbtas for the local frag trade shows. Materials required heavy duty garbage bag or any light -impermeable material, suitable container to place over target, 0.5 inch screws. Wrap material however many times around container leaving opening at top and decent excess material at base. Place cup over anemone and screw cup down onto rock. Just a matter of time b/4 anemone release from rock which has now become unfavourable anchorage point and move into container toward light source at top. No need to take rock out if you're willing to get hands wet.