PDA

View Full Version : The Official RPS Website

Beverly
09-25-2004, 10:31 PM
RPS???? Yes, Rock, paper, scissors - played with two players and their fists. First read the Games Basics, then look for the Online Trainer along the left column. Have had roaring fun with the trainer as well as playing against a very tough competitor, DH Chris :smile:

http://www.worldrps.com/

Of course, this means you must know we have no lives :mrgreen:

Bob I
09-25-2004, 11:32 PM

This post has confirmed that. :rolleyes: And I thought I had no life. :BIG:

Beverly
09-26-2004, 03:10 AM

This post has confirmed that. :rolleyes: And I thought I had no life. :BIG:

Ahhhh, but there's no life like it :cool: :lol: :mrgreen:

Practice up, boB, and we can throw a few while you're here in November :biggrin:

Delphinus
09-26-2004, 04:26 AM
It's almost baffling how seriously people treat Roshambo or RPS. There is an actual world championship if you can believe that? But mind you it's mostly in good fun. But still ... there are strategies? Which is amusing in itself. How can you strategize something that is complete random chance? I'm thinking it's all about psych'ing your opponent ... and .. I guess .. luck ... :mrgreen:

Tell you what though: If you're impressed that there's an official site for RPS, you may also like this - Here are the official rules for Shotgun. Yes, apparently there is a whole science to the art of calling for the front passenger seat :lol:

http://www.theshotgunrules.com/

Quinn
09-26-2004, 05:54 AM
There is definitely an element of psychology to RPS. However you couldn't really convince me to do the necessary research for my MSc, I don't think... maybe for my honours thesis though. :neutral:

Beverly
09-26-2004, 01:25 PM
Tony,

I never learned the game of RPS as a child as many people have. Deprived childhood, I guess :rolleyes: But after playing a few games with Chris over the last couple of days, I assure you there is definite strategy involved and, yes, part of it is psyching out one's opponent.

Found out about the RPS website and the seriousness of the game in a recent newpaper article. To quote, "$31,000 BMW was awarded at a tournament in Vail, Colo. last April, or the one million shekels (about $280,000 Cdn) that a 13 year old boy won by beating 700 other competitors in an Israeli tournament on Aug. 5."

Personally, I just want to have fun with the game. Since Chris and I have begun playing, we've been laughing our a$$e$ off as two 40-somethings play a pretty silly game :lol:

Unbelievable about the Shotgun website :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: But as kids, the three of us would fiercely vie for the front seat position, but only if my mom wasn't there. She always rode shotgun if she was there. Currently, there are usually just two of us in the car. Who drives is the only question on our minds. Unless I speak up and say I'm driving, Chris is the default driver as he tends not to get lost nearly as often as I do :rolleyes: :biggrin: