PDA

View Full Version : On the scrounge

IrishReefer
09-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Hi all,

I have just bought a 55 gal with some live rock that has been running for over a year but there are no pods or other critturs anywhere in the tank. Does anyone have some pods they could spare so I can get a population going? Any ideas on the best way to do this? Also if anyone has any soft corals frags available in the Edmonton area please let me know - The tank looks really bare without any corals - I never thought I would be glad to get some xenia!!! :lol:

Cheers all,

Brian

muck
09-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Harveys Got some Xenia...

http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11469

or you could try to pm Dez. He usually has a few frags kicking around. :mrgreen:

Bob I
09-24-2004, 05:01 PM
You should not have to seed the tank to get pods. They usually show up on their own volition. :mrgreen: You may not see them. For instance I have a tank that holds my zoanthid collection. It also houses a Mandarin who hunts pods all day. Still when I pull a zoo rock out of the tank to do some fragging, there are always some pods wriggling among the zoos. :eek:

IrishReefer
09-24-2004, 05:13 PM
Hi Bob,

I would agree if you have a decent quantity of decent quality live rock - While there is an amount of live rock in there - its not exactly brimming with life and there is a load of tufa rock etc. My budget is limited at the moment and I will be getting more LR but in previous tanks I could always find pods by looking at night with a torch sorry flashlight :lol:

Brian

IrishReefer
09-30-2004, 04:25 AM
Warning: This is not a bump :biggrin:

I just want to thank Beverely and Harvey for the frags. They are doing really well.

Cheers,

Brian