PDA

View Full Version : Green Mandarin Goby

Azilla
09-24-2004, 03:13 AM
Im wanting to buy a Green Mandarin Goby but i am curious will this fish Hide all the time? I dont like fish that hide. I bought a Green clown goby and he never ever comes out. Today i saw a Baby Green Mandarin and wanted to buy it.

AJ_77
09-24-2004, 03:17 AM
Mine hides quite a lot - a female. It's just a baby too.

UnderWorldAquatics
09-24-2004, 04:15 AM
are you speaking of the psycadelic mandrin? the one that has spots like targets?

if so I will soon post pics of a very tame fat one that we have in our 26bow, he is very very pretty and loves attention

the other type of mandrin I have had similar experience with as well, although they do hide alot for the first few months atleast...

Azilla
09-24-2004, 04:47 AM
yes the one with the crazy stripes and dots on him

Aquattro
09-24-2004, 04:53 AM
mine is out all the time, and she is a fat little pig. Be sure your tank can support something that will require tons of pods. The chances of it accepting prepared foods are slim.

StirCrazy
09-24-2004, 12:45 PM

ok now you combined the two different ones into one. there is one that is olive green and has round spots.

then there is one that looked like a hippie from the 70's tie died it with iridescent colors.

Steve

UnderWorldAquatics
09-24-2004, 01:32 PM

ok now you combined the two different ones into one. there is one that is olive green and has round spots.

then there is one that looked like a hippie from the 70's tie died it with iridescent colors.

Steve

Always makes me laugh, its the same way I describe them....

and like someone said, make sure you have a healthy pod population, it is hard, or should I say luck of the draw to be able to get a mandrin to eat prepared foods....... mine currently eats many prepared foods, he is nice and fat....

Bob I
09-24-2004, 04:32 PM
I guess mine is the psychedelic blue one. I bought him at around one inch. He is now double that size, and usually out and about. He is in a 33 gallon tank, and appears to eat mysis. :eek:

Azilla
09-25-2004, 12:36 AM
hmmmm will a little one eat alot?? My tank has been setup over 6months now at night when i use a flashlight there is TONS of life running around. think im ready?

Aquattro
09-25-2004, 01:13 AM
you might be ok. It depends on how quickly they reproduce. Make sure you have some "pod piles" for them to hide in.