PDA

View Full Version : Controls for my new to me RSM 250

The Guy
04-12-2015, 05:12 PM
The tank came with the Steve's Led upgrade done c/w a Typhoon 4 channel controller, it's an awesome setup and they work great as to sunrise & sunset and fully adjustable channel intensity, no more T5's to replace.
My 2 dosing pumps are controlled with digital wall timers and has worked well for me on my 90g so I'll just use them on the RSM now.
This is the Finnex digital heater controller I'm going to use ............ http://www.amazon.com/Finnex-Temperature-Controller-Digital-Heater/dp/B002TMTA7G
Just got to figure out an ATO system, any thoughts out there. :smile:

spit.fire
04-12-2015, 07:42 PM
What made you decide to get rid of the 90?

maron6977
04-12-2015, 10:05 PM
I use a gravity fed system to a float valve . Works great ! If that isn't possible , I'd suggest a reefkeeper lite . Cheap (used ) & you can use it for a lot more .
Good luck with the new to you tank. Mark

The Guy
04-13-2015, 12:40 AM
What made you decide to get rid of the 90?

Turning the built in cabinet to pantry and wanted a stand alone tank that I can take with me if I move.

Galizio
04-13-2015, 03:20 AM
Laurie you got a really nice set up, good luck!!!

The Guy
04-13-2015, 01:04 PM
Laurie you got a really nice set up, good luck!!!
Thanks, it's a nice tank and am having fun getting it setup. :lol:

The Guy
05-09-2015, 02:24 PM
The tank came with the Steve's Led upgrade done c/w a Typhoon 4 channel controller, it's an awesome setup and they work great as to sunrise & sunset and fully adjustable channel intensity, no more T5's to replace.
My 2 dosing pumps are controlled with digital wall timers and has worked well for me on my 90g so I'll just use them on the RSM now.
This is the Finnex digital heater controller I'm going to use ............ http://www.amazon.com/Finnex-Temperature-Controller-Digital-Heater/dp/B002TMTA7G
Just got to figure out an ATO system, any thoughts out there. :smile:

I finally ended up using the Hydor smart level ato along with a Rio600 pump.
I very happy with how it works in the RSM 250, with the cooling fans running 24/7 evaporation is 1/2-3/4 gallon a day and the Hydor keeps it bang on and I don't get any salinity swing now .
An Ato is a must in a tank this style other wise the rear compartment sump level is all over the place and so is the salinity level. Thanks Warren { Wardog} for the suggestion to use the Hydor. :smile: