PDA

View Full Version : Price Matching - Edm

mark
04-10-2015, 05:05 AM
See a west end store is doing price matching.

From their email: "We try to stay competitive with pricing at all times but ... if you find a lower advertised price on an identical item, just show us the price and we will match it. This applies to Canadian & United States online or retail competitors (US pricing will be converted to current exchange rate)"

The Codfather
04-10-2015, 05:37 AM
If it's the west end store I'm thinking of, I wouldn't hold my breath.....
I asked once to price match a pail of IO salt....needless to say I left the store without buying it. They didn't try very hard to keep my business there.

wilswils57
04-10-2015, 04:31 PM
They are pretty lazy with keeping their word on online promotions.

I asked for them to PM before, one of the workers gave me some bogus excuse.

I'd wait for more people's input before going.

ABreefkpr
12-08-2015, 12:53 AM
I stopped into a certain store in the west end and asked for a price match on a Curve 7 skimmer. I was told that Bubble Magus had rules about prices and that the online stores offering a sale price would be reported and lose their right to sell the products.
Probably not the store you might be thinking. Maybe the other one off 111th.
I will never step foot into their store again!

Aquattro
12-08-2015, 02:00 AM
Crap, I've lost my secret decoder ring!!

intarsiabox
12-08-2015, 02:15 AM
Crap, I've lost my secret decoder ring!!

Aquarium Illusions. Although I don't see their price matching guarantee advertised anymore.

Aquattro
12-08-2015, 02:17 AM
Aquarium Illusions. Although I don't see their price matching guarantee advertised anymore.

Pretty sure this issue has been reported for years with them. Actually, a couple stores in town there, I recall.

intarsiabox
12-08-2015, 02:20 AM
Pretty sure this issue has been reported for years with them. Actually, a couple stores in town there, I recall.

Yep, pretty sure.

d33ps3a
12-08-2015, 03:14 AM
I bought an a360w from there because they had the lowest price. 70 dollar difference. Decided to get another but I guess they decided to price match up to everyone else's. Lol They did price match. Lol

Proteus
12-08-2015, 03:36 AM
They will match jl aquatics. The south side store will also price match.
Grinds my gears that the prices are not marked on dry goods and you need to research price and ask to have them price match. I laugh at it as I'll sit on my couch and give Ray my money.. Good prices good service and right to my door.

ABreefkpr
12-08-2015, 04:28 PM
Grinds my gears that the prices are not marked on dry goods and you need to research price and ask to have them price match. I laugh at it as I'll sit on my couch and give Ray my money.. Good prices good service and right to my door.

Aquarium Central won't match any anybody's price. All they will do is threaten to report them for offering a sale price.
No need for a decoder ring now.

Jordon
12-08-2015, 04:44 PM

Tell me about it. I am all about supporting my LFS, even if the prices are a little bit more, but when dry goods are marked up ridiculous amounts, I will give my business to sponsors here no doubt.

It`s pretty hit or miss with the majority of LFS in Edmonton. Price-wise as well as Service. Good service will always get return business.