PDA

View Full Version : Anthias Jumped

TheZoalander
04-03-2015, 04:16 AM
My daughter came up to me frantically yesterday afternoon telling me that a fish was on the floor. Sure enough one of my anthias was on the floor, looked fairly dry, although was still a bit damp, looked dead, as I leaned over the thing twitched a bit ( I was sitting near the tank for about a half hour and didn't hear / see anything ). So I figured what the heck, and tossed it back in the tank where it barrel rolled to the bottom, at times was just hanging out upside down. The wrasse started picking on it so I scooped it in a large net and left it for a couple of hours. Was still alive and the lights had gone out, so I let it out of the net. Didn't expect it to make it through the night, but the thing is swimming with the pack as if nothing happened. Thought Id share the story as most similar stories don't end as well :)

IanWR
04-03-2015, 05:00 AM
Glad your fishy lived to tell of his adventure. Are you planning a top for your tank now? I know I didn't have one until my first jumper (a clown).

Wheelman76
04-03-2015, 05:37 AM
And the moral of the story is , if you have wrasse or Anthias or similar fish that are known to jump then you should have a screen top. IMHO

Piscez
04-03-2015, 05:47 AM
Amazing how resilient some fish can be, but they're not cats and don't have nine lives, you can pick up white (egg crate) light diffuser panels at Rona a 48"x 24" sheet will cost you $15 and it's easily cut and shaped with a pair of cutters, best of luck to the little guy, hope it didn't freak out you daughter too much.