PDA

View Full Version : Blenny ate Reef Glue

j_ruiter
03-28-2015, 03:35 PM
Has this happened to you or is it just my dumb luck? I was gluing a frag to some rock and in the process a drop fell in the water and before I could do anything about it my starry Blenny had it in his mouth. His mouth is open but he's having trouble eating because the glue is inside. Its been a week almost and I'm hoping it works itself free. Just a waiting game at this point.

Is there anyone with some insight on this, I'm trying not to think about the worst case scenario.

The Guy
03-28-2015, 04:33 PM
:sad: Too bad, what can anyone say, hope the blenny makes it.

albert_dao
03-28-2015, 06:13 PM
If you can catch the blenny (ha!), you can use some clove oil to sedate the little guy (a couple drops in an icecream bucket is plenty) then use some tweezers to extract the chunk of glue.

j_ruiter
03-29-2015, 06:15 PM
If you can catch the blenny (ha!), you can use some clove oil to sedate the little guy (a couple drops in an icecream bucket is plenty) then use some tweezers to extract the chunk of glue.

That has to an absolute last resort but I may need to do it. This happened Tuesday and he's been moping around since then. Catching him shouldn't be too hard he eats out of my hand when he's eating. Have you sedated fish like that before?

albert_dao
03-29-2015, 06:39 PM
Yup, I've cut off a lotta fish lice, tumors and ground down a lot of beaks over the years...