PDA

View Full Version : Rock flower

Noodles
03-27-2015, 02:34 PM
I woke up this morning and noticed that a small Florida ricordia has detached from the rock and landed in my RFA. I tried to pulse some water at the ric to get it out but it was very stuck, shortly thereafter the RFA closed up tightly..... How would you get the ricordia out?? Or would you leave it alone. My main concern is the RFA (My favorite piece in my tank)

jason604
03-27-2015, 04:23 PM
I would take it out and turkey blast the **** outta it till it comes off the rfa. Rfa r pretty hardy tho. Mine tried eating a hammer bud which would normally kill stuff that it attaches to but my rfa was fine after

Carrera75
03-27-2015, 06:17 PM
I woke up this morning and noticed that a small Florida ricordia has detached from the rock and landed in my RFA. I tried to pulse some water at the ric to get it out but it was very stuck, shortly thereafter the RFA closed up tightly..... How would you get the ricordia out?? Or would you leave it alone. My main concern is the RFA (My favorite piece in my tank)

There is no much you can do at this point if the RFA already ingested the Ricordea. RFAs don't normally eat mushrooms. I bet the RFA will spit it out once it realizes that the Ricordea is not part of the menu. I have seen my RFAs ingest shells but they always spit them out.

Blasting the anemone is not going to help.

Noodles
03-28-2015, 03:02 AM
The RFA was open when I got home from work and the ric turned into a ball of mush and was still stuck on the RFA. I used a turkey baster and sucked up the gob of ricordia and the RFA looks happy so all is well:)