PDA

View Full Version : Vertex RODI not producing waste water?

noisetherapy
03-26-2015, 01:09 AM
As the title says;

My Vertex aquaristik 100gpd RODI isn't producing any waste water. From the videos of a properly operating unit, it shows that there should be some waste if not equal to product water.

Im guessing that the waste water is now included in my product water and I don't think that could be good.

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Galizio
03-26-2015, 02:06 AM
Should have waste water, do u have a tds meter to test the water?

noisetherapy
03-26-2015, 02:14 AM
I do not, on my list of stuff I still need to get.

Upon reading a user manual for the system, I read that my flow restrictor is likely clogged and I need to replace. You think LFS supply these, or is it an order online type deal?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Reverse-Osmosis-Flow-Restrictor-36-50-75-80-100-GPD-RO-water-system-by-Purenex-/261515881146?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3ce38faaba

Galizio
03-26-2015, 02:25 AM
Jl sell those unit, you can try to give them a call, maybe some plumbing supplier sell them, I'm not sure,but if you need water and don't want wait for the replacement part you can came and get some....

noisetherapy
03-26-2015, 02:29 AM
You're a good man, Galizio, Thanks for the offer.

I've been doing water changes without the thing working this far, I'm sure everyone in the tank will be patient with me now that I know what the problem is!.

hillegom
03-26-2015, 03:14 AM
If your flow restricter is plugged, take it out and unplug it by pushing a small wire through it. the restricter is usually a small plastic "pipe". Don't force anything through the pipe, use a thin wire.

mike31154
03-26-2015, 08:40 PM
I'm assuming this is a new unit? If so, what makes you think it's the flow restrictor? If it's a newly set up system, might be worthwhile to double check everything's hooked up according to the user manual.

noisetherapy
03-26-2015, 09:53 PM
It's used.

I think its the flow restrictor because I read this troubleshoot in a manual online.

Myka
03-27-2015, 04:20 AM
If your flow restricter is plugged, take it out and unplug it by pushing a small wire through it. the restricter is usually a small plastic "pipe". Don't force anything through the pipe, use a thin wire.

Good advice.

I think its the flow restrictor

There's an easy way to figure that out. Remove the flow restrictor and blow through it. If you can't blow through it, use the advice above. :)

sphelps
03-27-2015, 04:58 AM
You can use a needle valve as a flow restrictor, simply adjust it so you get the proper ratio.