PDA

View Full Version : Canreef Aquatics T-shirts?

Scythanith
03-20-2015, 01:21 PM
Hi Mods, Owner, etc.

Has anyone thought about making some nice t-shirt for sale with the CA logo on them? I'd definitely buy one. I'd just want it to be printed on a nice t-shirt, not a wal-mart cotton one. Something like the cotton bamboo blend... blah blah blah.

Just curious.

reefwars
03-20-2015, 01:22 PM
I think Brett gave up his day job for a week once to do this ......I can't remember if he sold any or not lol

Brett? :mrgreen:

Aquattro
03-20-2015, 01:24 PM
I think Brett gave up his day job for a week once to do this ......I can't remember if he sold any or not lol

I recall, long before that, we did have some logo wear, mugs, etc. Didn't really take off and wasn't cost effective. I'll run it by the boss though, maybe he wants to take another kick at that can..

Aquattro
03-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Bit of trivia. Who recalls that Canreef actually started as a front end forum to a store/product line of skimmers and Ca reactors?

Dearth
03-20-2015, 02:15 PM
I had a few ball caps made up with "Can Reef" on the bill intentionally misspelt as wasn't sure if I was allowed to use the logo

I definitely would buy trinkets and shirts and such with the canreef logo for sure if available

Aquattro
03-20-2015, 02:30 PM
I had a few ball caps made up with "Can Reef" on the bill intentionally misspelt as wasn't sure if I was allowed to use the logo

Well, if you're walking the streets of Hong Kong and Titus sees you, and he's in a really bad mood and broke, looking for an opportunity to sue someone, and he can catch you and prove you made the cap with some malicious intent, then, ya, you know what, pretty sure nobody cares :)

If anyone makes a shirt, I'd buy it. (No, don't write Canreef in crayon on your old shirt and try to sell it to me) (then again....hmm)

Dearth
03-20-2015, 02:34 PM
Well, if you're walking the streets of Hong Kong and Titus sees you, and he's in a really bad mood and broke, looking for an opportunity to sue someone, and he can catch you and prove you made the cap with some malicious intent, then, ya, you know what, pretty sure nobody cares :)

If anyone makes a shirt, I'd buy it. (No, don't write Canreef in crayon on your old shirt and try to sell it to me) (then again....hmm)

Well I'd rather be safe than sorry I would rather not have bulky men in sunglasses come up to my door demanding royalties :mrgreen:

Aquattro
03-20-2015, 02:51 PM
Well I'd rather be safe than sorry

meh, can't live your life like that!!

The Guy
03-20-2015, 02:56 PM
Hi Mods, Owner, etc.

Has anyone thought about making some nice t-shirt for sale with the CA logo on them? I'd definitely buy one. I'd just want it to be printed on a nice t-shirt, not a wal-mart cotton one. Something like the cotton bamboo blend... blah blah blah.

Just curious.
I'd buy one for sure if they were available on a decent quality T-shirt.
:canada:

daplatapus
03-20-2015, 03:03 PM
Ditto

rishu_pepper
03-20-2015, 04:18 PM
My friend works in a clothing company that makes customized stuff (school tee/sweater, jerseys, etc.). If you guys are serious about it, I can run it by him and see how much it would cost. My wife and I have both bought clothing from him and I can vouch for their quality.

lockrookie
03-20-2015, 04:40 PM
If you run with this have a design contest

rishu_pepper
03-20-2015, 04:44 PM
If you run with this have a design contest

Make Albert give out free frags for the winner? :wink:

Wretch
03-20-2015, 04:47 PM
V-neck or crew?

lockrookie
03-20-2015, 04:53 PM

I'd be happy with winner gets at shirt free

Aquattro
03-20-2015, 05:07 PM

How does Albert factor into any of this? Not complaining about free frags, mind you, but not sure his incentive??

rishu_pepper
03-20-2015, 05:09 PM
How does Albert factor into any of this? Not complaining about free frags, mind you, but not sure his incentive??

Comment was made tongue-in-cheek. :biggrin:

lastlight
03-20-2015, 05:27 PM

I did sell a few but still lost quite a bit of money. i hated the fit of the shirts i used and barely ever wore my own. the design aspect was lots of fun tho.

i busted dave at concepts using the one i gave him for a cleanup rag. they probably worked well for that haha.

Doug
03-20-2015, 05:44 PM
Bit of trivia. Who recalls that Canreef actually started as a front end forum to a store/product line of skimmers and Ca reactors?

:wave:

christyf5
03-20-2015, 08:14 PM
:wave:

lol. I'm not sayin nuthin :wink:

cafepress.ca might be a way to go?

Scythanith
03-20-2015, 09:18 PM
Can someone email me a high quality version of the logo? I have some ideas.

scott at lithicimages dot com

Scythanith
04-12-2015, 03:03 PM
I never received an image from any of the head honchos. Are they against the idea? I'm not talking cotton T-shirts... that's been done. I'm talking VC ultimate sublimated shirts. They are awesome comfortable. I'd get the design work done myself, but if I do that I am incurring the cost which I'd want to recover by selling the shirts. But since Canreef is most definitely not my entity I'd imagine that would be frowned upon.

Mods, any ideas or help?

Aquattro
04-12-2015, 03:08 PM
You'd have to speak with Titus about it, we don't have access to any image source.
He may be able to suggest what went wrong with the last logo wear project as well :)