DOO-E
09-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Mine is my nick name

mr_alberta
09-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Um, at one point I was new to the hobby/board....oh and I'm a guy :lol:

muck
09-21-2004, 04:06 PM
No real reason other then I like to muck about with stuff.
Kindof a DIYer looking for the time to actually DIY... :mrgreen:

Nemain
09-21-2004, 04:07 PM
nemain: Furious Goddess of the MORRIGAN Mob.

Her name means frenzy or fury. Think battlefields of blood and pub punch-ups

muck
09-21-2004, 04:10 PM
nemain: Furious Goddess of the MORRIGAN Mob.

Her name means frenzy or fury. Think battlefields of blood and pub punch-ups
... or Asterix and Obelix comics. hehe :mrgreen:

http://www.muiscontrols.com/ryan/asterix-paff.jpg

doublette
09-21-2004, 04:24 PM
My brother gave me the nickname years ago when I found out I was carrying twins. Someone told me it actually means 'an artist's copy of his own work'. Seems fitting enough.. :biggrin:

Delphinus
09-21-2004, 04:40 PM
I always wondered where Asmodeus came from.

Delphinus is the name of the dolphin in Greek mythology. I've heard several versions though, and I'm not sure which one is correct, or perhaps they all are. The one I'm most familiar with is this. Poseidon, king of the sea, wanted to marry Amphitrite (sister of Thetis). She didn't take too well to the idea, or something ... so she fled into the mountains. He sent many messengers to the mountains to plead for her return, but it was Delphinus the dolphin who won her over with his charms (or something). So Poseidon thanked Delphinus by making him into a constellation.

Those Ancient Greeks... :rolleyes: Some days you have to wonder what they were smokin'. Personally, I'm a little unclear about how a dolphin made it into the mountains .. but .. maybe I'm overanalyzing the plot a little. I'm not sure.

Delphinus seems to be popular name for sail boats.

trilinearmipmap
09-21-2004, 04:48 PM
A computer graphics term from my younger days. I don't like this name and I want to change it to something more recognizable.

christyf5
09-21-2004, 05:36 PM
christy: my name

years ago I was signing up for an email account: christy was taken, christyf was taken. I was the 5th christyf, by then I was tired of thinking of names so that was good enough for me.

I wish I had something fancier and with more meaning although I did have a good laugh when someone pointed out to me that the "F5" key was the refresh key (I do that alot on this site :razz:).

Christy :)

Delphinus
09-21-2004, 05:37 PM
LOL I know what a trilinear mipmap is .... :eek: But I was a comp. graphics geek in a former life too.

I had to change my avatar, I used to have a picture of the constellation "Delphinus" but when I would meet up with fellow Canreefers, people were like ... "are you the guy with stars ... what's up with that". :redface:

Christy, I always thought the F5 was a reference to the refresh. :lol:

EmilyB
09-21-2004, 06:31 PM
EmilyB - my doberman and alter ego - the B stands for "Bad" :mrgreen:

Quinn
09-21-2004, 06:32 PM
Needed a new handle a few years ago, was browsing a friend's site and saw that he had spelt out TV as Teevee, so I just went with it... has no significance.

LostMind
09-21-2004, 06:45 PM
LostMind.... hmmm, self explantory, right? :)

Cap'n
09-21-2004, 10:02 PM
Cpt Clever was an old handle I used years ago while playing Mech-Warrior with a group of my friends.

When I first found this forum I was intrigued by the avatars (I had never used one before) so I went on the hunt. When I found the "clever icon" I currently use I figured I would join this forum as my old "Blastin' Captain"

I would prefer to change it to CptCleverer

Old Guy
09-21-2004, 10:12 PM
I am's what I am's :lol: .

Marcus K
09-22-2004, 01:28 AM
Most Forums I use Panda which is my older Dal's name. Not sure why I used my real name.

UnderWorldAquatics
09-22-2004, 01:29 AM
mine is pretty self explanitory...

Zerandise
09-22-2004, 01:35 AM
eons ago when i was akid i play D&D. My first chars names was Zerandise Morgalis. First time i logged onto the net 10 years ago it was the name i used for it. just never got around to changing it.

Invigor
09-22-2004, 02:28 AM
http://www.bayercropscience.com/bayer/cropscience/cscms.nsf/id/BSInVigor

InVigor® hybrid canola (oilseed rape) varieties are suited to various climatic and soil conditions in different agricultural practices. These hybrid varieties also have tolerance to glufosinate-ammonium and Liberty® herbicide.

InVigor® hybrid Canola was first marketed commercially in Canada in 1997. In 2003, InVigor® hybrids had a market share of 25% in Canada and are currently establishing themselves in major export markets including Japan, Mexico and China.

InVigor® hybrid canola offers significant yield benefits to farmers as well as agricultural management options that require fewer cultivation techniques and therefore save both fuel and time.

I've been using this handle for about 9 years now...I guess it just stuck.

In conjunction with being "invigor" I also go by "FarmerJohn". :mrgreen:

smokinreefer
09-22-2004, 02:35 AM
OMG. no comment. :lol:

ruck'n'reefer
09-22-2004, 02:59 AM
I play rugby and keep a reef tank. I "ruck" on the field 'n' "reef" in the tank... hence Ruck'n'reefer!

Manny
09-22-2004, 03:00 AM
smokinreefer...means you're really good aquarium keeper :rainbow1: :onfire: he he.

mines just a nickname, Manuel shortend.. i wish i could change it, i didn't put much thought into it. :rolleyes:

can you change your user name? i tried with no luck.

Samw
09-22-2004, 03:09 AM
OK, well, I think its time for me to come up with a new name.

christyf5
09-22-2004, 03:16 AM
OK, well, I think its time for me to come up with a new name.

yeah, me too! I want to be gobywhore :razz:

BMW Rider
09-22-2004, 03:32 AM
The other money sucking black hole that I regularly feed my income to is my BMW motorcycle. It is actually my main transportation, getting more than thre times the annual mileage my truck does. Thus I am BMW Rider. Some of you have questioned my sanity having shown up on your doorsteps on my bike to get frags, but heck I've even hauled home a 150 gallon box of salt home on it. I just wish we had Vancouver winters here so I could ride longer.

kari
09-22-2004, 03:45 AM
Considerable thought was put in on mine and it will remain confidential.

Canadian Man
09-22-2004, 03:50 AM
When I was sighning up for Canreef 3ish years ago I was filing out the info on the screen and Paul Brant's song "Canadian Man" was playing in the background.

Simple :biggrin:

Cap'n
09-22-2004, 04:09 AM

Yours is my favorite. Wish I had thought of it. Thinking of it right now...

cc_bruno
09-22-2004, 04:14 AM
Well, a lot of thought went into mine as well, not. cc_bruno is really my dog's name combined with his breed. He's a Cane Corso, hence the cc, and his name, oddly enough, is Bruno. Works out great too for my hotmail account... I can always tell when it's junk mail... it's addressed to my dog, :biggrin: (now, if I can only get him a credit card... then he can pay for his own food :biggrin: ).

Rob

smokinreefer
09-22-2004, 07:09 AM

Yours is my favorite. Wish I had thought of it. Thinking of it right now...

thanks.

in response to your supply, errrr. no comment again. :lol:

StirCrazy
09-22-2004, 12:49 PM
yeah, me too! I want to be gobywhore :razz:

:eek: :redface:

Steve

Bob I
09-22-2004, 03:38 PM
MIne is too simple. Bob is my first name I is the initial of my last name. I should have put a space between the b and I. :rolleyes:

LostMind
09-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Kari - means hot in japanese? Or does it mean curry in japanese? Bah, I always mix those two up :)

jgoldsney
09-22-2004, 05:29 PM
real simple

j <-first inital
goldsney <- last name

On some other message boards I go by Toast_Man, a handle that i came up with while playing comand and conquer many moons ago. I had to enter a name and it popped in to my head.

Joel

kuatto
09-22-2004, 05:50 PM
Picked mine up while in Afghanistan.Kuatto was an alien freedom fighter morphed into one of the charater's stomach(total recall).I guess I had a littlte extra weight around the stomach and one of the Americans said"you got your own Kuatto",its stuck ever since :biggrin:

Doug
09-22-2004, 09:16 PM
:confused:

:lol:

monza
09-23-2004, 01:40 AM
monza- The Corvair Monza, my other hobby. http://westerncanadacorsa.com/wcc_members_rides.htm

Dave

BlkWolfe
09-23-2004, 03:54 AM
Another beyond healthy love and fasination (besides the fish) for gray wolves.

Or maybe from having longer hair than my wife...or a few wolf based tatoos...all of which are black ink...

or just being a generally furry bugger...but if i listened to the dear wife it would say sasquatch in the top left corner of this post.

AJ_77
09-23-2004, 04:00 PM
Mine is obscure...

But I do admire DJ_88's nick!

Orion80
09-24-2004, 10:03 AM
Well my is a nick, I habe always beem fasinated with mythology, and the story of Osirus, is great too long to tell, but over here the constellation of Osirus, is also called Orion the hunter, and Orion is alwayys taken as a nick, and well Adie is short for Adolph so I combined them to become Orion80.

Ya wow lots of intelligence, it also never taken as a nick, so if u ever c theis nick anywhere online games other boards its almost guarenteed that it is I u r seeing.
Adie

reefhawk
09-29-2004, 05:49 AM
Some interesting stories here. Was playing a board game with my kids and one of them said dad you are as sneaky as a reefhawk. My reefhawks name is sneaky pete as he is always sneaking around the tank waiting to ambush something and chase it around. Later that night i found the canreef site and i couldn't get it to take sneakyreefhawk as a nic so i just tried reefhawk and it was accepted so now i am reefhawk, (but still sneaky)

sleeman
09-29-2004, 03:13 PM
When I got my first internet connection in 92, I needed a logon on name. I happened to be drinking a Sleeman's, I have been using it ever since.

Cheers,

Al

Buccaneer
09-29-2004, 05:23 PM
Our family is from Jamaica which used to be the largest pirate port in the Caribbean ( Port Royal ) ... hence the name Buccaneer ... which was taken as a hotmail acct so I adopted Buk_A_neer instead :mrgreen: