PDA

View Full Version : This Sebae has to go

EmilyB
09-21-2004, 01:36 AM
Well, I'm afraid the time has come. :neutral:

I have been struggling with this beast for years now. It is 24" across on a good day, and as a result, has wiped out a good usable portion of the reef.

If I had known they got this large, I would never have purchased it, but back four years ago, the major concern was bleached sebaes and there was no mention of the size if it did well in captivity.

It would look great as a host for a pile of juvie percs....got any room Wendell? :wink:

If I can't find it a home, I suppose I will have to start looking at it as a rather large aiptasia, which is pretty sad.... :sad: My resources are exhausted tho.

Can anyone help?

kari
09-21-2004, 01:59 AM
Can it be trained to help with my gsp and mushroom problem?

Delphinus
09-21-2004, 05:13 AM
If I had the space I'd take it in a heartbeat. I love sebae's.

I don't think it will fit in one my 20g's. :razz:

EmilyB
09-21-2004, 05:19 AM
It's looking pretty feisty in the 33g right now. :rolleyes:

MitchM
09-21-2004, 11:32 AM
I'll trade ya for a BTA that's only 18" across........ :mrgreen:
(Seriously though, if someone will take my largest BTA, I'll take it)

Mitch

vjvl51
09-22-2004, 01:10 AM
Carpentersreef, in about a month (when I have the new tank on line) I would take the BTA. You would have to ship. :) Right now it would have to go into my 25 gallon refuge and I don't think it would be happy there. Like most people, I'm running out of room.

Vickie

sleeman
09-22-2004, 02:13 AM
I am in the same position. I bought a 5 inch sebae about 6 months ago, and it is now around the 18" mark. I too did not realize how big they get. I really like the anemone, but the size is becoming a bit of a problem. It is about an inch away from a bunch of SPS that I am sure it will kill.
Tonight when I was feeding, a cleaner shrimp got one antennae caught in the anemone and it started dragiing it across the sand. Was actually quite funny. Earlier this week I fed it a dead coral beauty, and it devoured it and spat out the bones and a fin in just over 12 hours.

If you have the right size tank, it would look very cool with a bunch of clowns hosting in it. I had no problems getting 2 T/R percs to host.

Cheers,

Al

EmilyB
09-22-2004, 06:58 AM
Carp and I are doing the trade. I can then provide a huge home for my maroons and offer up their mini bta to a new home. It probably leaves me with 12 BTA's :rolleyes: :razz: and Carp with one humoungus sebae...

And yes, discourage the purchase of sebaes for SO many reasons. :frown:

AJ_77
09-22-2004, 04:33 PM
You might have to work out a deal with Danny to supply him with baby BTAs. :eek:

But you're right, that will make an awesome home for the Maroons.

EmilyB
10-03-2004, 01:02 AM
Well that didn't take long. :lol: The maroons love their new "homes"... :eek:

And Mitch....has the sebae taken over half your tank yet...??

MitchM
10-04-2004, 10:36 AM
Split already? :lol:

This sebae's a nice change, actually. It's a big'un, alright, but it spreads out over the bottom, as opposed to the BTA, where the tentacles were spread out higher.

Mitch

danny zubot
10-04-2004, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the thought Alan, I ended up giving one of my larger clones to My friend. It will have to grow a bit before He can put his perc in though.

AJ_77
10-04-2004, 03:43 PM
:lol: Danny - I was thinking of Danny Wai, who would be happy to sell your clones for $60 apiece, or Deb's... :biggrin:

danny zubot
10-04-2004, 06:24 PM
OOPS! :mrgreen: