PDA

View Full Version : Help with tank move-in for Monday morning March 16

rishu_pepper
03-13-2015, 10:16 PM
My tank is coming in next week, and I am trying to find people to help with the move. You will be rewarded with pizza and beer. :wink:

Time: Monday 9am-11am (that's the window the shipping company gave)

Move: no upstairs; estimate less than 50 yards from the curb and onto the stand

Tank: 165g, 8' long, 12mm float glass

I realize this is probably an inconvenient time since most people work on Monday mornings (I have spring break as a teacher), but the delivery company doesn't do night time. If you are able to come help (you don't work Mondays, you just want to stick it to the boss :twised:, etc.), I would love to have the help. As it stands there's only two of us so I'm wary of breaking backs and tank lol.

If anyone has a couple of flat dollys I could borrow around the Coquitlam area, that would be very helpful too!

Please PM me if you can chip in help in any way. Thanks Can Reef! :)

reefwithareefer
03-14-2015, 01:30 AM
Oh man, Bad timing for me to help out.

Not sure if it helps, but I put an ad on craigslist asking for a guy or two for 20 mins work for 20 bucks each, one time and got tons of answers from older teenagers looking for some spending money. Tank got moved with no issues.

Bblinks
03-14-2015, 02:02 AM
Sorry dude, Monday is really bad for me. I think if there is a possibility you moving that date to Sunday then count me in.

Another option will be movers. IMHO, that's better than buying beer and food to get someone to move it and owning them a favorite. I can't see it being more than a hundred or two. Just a thought. P.s. The liability alone would be worth that.

rishu_pepper
03-14-2015, 02:31 AM
Unfortunately the delivery company won't deliver on weekends.

Movers will be a last resort for me. I think we just need two more and we'll be safe, at four.

If anyone has teenage relatives on spring break who could use a buck or two lemme know.

gregzz4
03-14-2015, 02:57 AM
Check out moving companies
Middle of the month and after a weekend you should be able to get a good rate and as Rich mentioned there's liability which would be covered

My buddy Peter Reay lives in Bby near Lougheed Mall and might be free that day. Give Reay's moving and storage a call 604-255-1713

reefwars
03-14-2015, 03:05 AM
Unfortunately the delivery company won't deliver on weekends.

Movers will be a last resort for me. I think we just need two more and we'll be safe, at four.

If anyone has teenage relatives on spring break who could use a buck or two lemme know.

Just have them place the crate aside until evening , it's fully crated so can stay outside just tuck it up somewhere , you don't need to get it off the truck only in your house;)

Later in the evening is probably easier for people's schedule to :)

reefwithareefer
03-14-2015, 03:39 AM
Just have them place the crate aside until evening , it's fully crated so can stay outside just tuck it up somewhere , you don't need to get it off the truck only in your house;)

Later in the evening is probably easier for people's schedule to :)

lol, never met a reefer who could be that patient...:) I for one. It's a new toy ya know..

reefwars
03-14-2015, 04:00 AM
lol, never met a reefer who could be that patient...:) I for one. It's a new toy ya know..

Very true :)

Scythanith
03-14-2015, 04:31 AM
If you use a mover, use a piano moving company. They take no scratches seriously :)

rishu_pepper
03-14-2015, 06:42 AM
So far I have one volunteer, along with myself and Neoh (Ryan), and my wife (she says she's pretty much useless :lol:). One more able male should do it. Come on, free pizza/beer! :wink:

rishu_pepper
03-14-2015, 06:47 AM
BTW just want to ask again, anybody have flat dollys I could borrow? :biggrin:

Or this one is even more out there, but the suction cups for moving glass?

WarDog
03-14-2015, 06:47 AM
Keep me posted (if you can) the day of. If it turns out you won't be moving it until after 4:30 you know I'm in!

rishu_pepper
03-14-2015, 06:48 AM
Keep me posted (if you can) the day of. If it turns out you won't be moving it until after 4:30 you know I'm in!

Thanks Warren, pretty sure I won't be leaving my tank on the curb for 4+ hours but you're welcome to come check it out afterwards for leftover pizza :wink:

rishu_pepper
03-15-2015, 03:05 AM
Any other nice souls out there who has the time? Beer has been gotten already :biggrin:

reefwithareefer
03-15-2015, 07:15 AM
BTW just want to ask again, anybody have flat dollys I could borrow? :biggrin:

Or this one is even more out there, but the suction cups for moving glass?

You can rent glazing suction cups at Star rentals for about 10 bucks a day.

NIVLEM09
03-15-2015, 08:12 AM
If you're willing to pick me up then I can help you with the move.

rishu_pepper
03-15-2015, 03:10 PM
If you're willing to pick me up then I can help you with the move.

PM'ed you.

rishu_pepper
03-15-2015, 03:40 PM
You can rent glazing suction cups at Star rentals for about 10 bucks a day.
Thank you. I found a shop closer to my location, Single Source rental, same price as Star. I'll get two pairs.

acanthurus
03-15-2015, 06:57 PM
I would come but unable to get there.. for a flat dolly try UPS they have them for around 8 bucks a day, just moved places and found them to be rly convenient!