PDA

View Full Version : Flat worms, plz help!!

btuck887
03-12-2015, 03:36 AM
Having an outbreak of flat worms, what the best way to rid the tank of these little guys?!? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

daplatapus
03-12-2015, 03:42 AM
Flat worm Exit. Be ready to siphon out dead worms as they are toxic, and do water changes, run carbon if you have it.

mohammadali
03-12-2015, 08:38 PM
yes use flatworm exit and just add 10 drop extra it wont kill the livestock wait for few hours then do water change and make sure u run carbon at least 1 LB for 1 or 2 days

patpare
03-12-2015, 10:15 PM
I would not use any flat worm exit
A jester gobie will clean them up in a flash

Skimmer Juice
03-13-2015, 12:00 AM
or a blue velvet nudi , denny @concepts had one on the weekend. The fwe will kill all the pods and if you dont know exactly how many FW you have you can easily kill fish with a toxin overdose from the FW . If you decide to use FWE at least siphon them out for a week or 2 so you will shrink the population .

Dearth
03-13-2015, 12:51 AM
Salifert flatworm exit

As long as you follow the simple instructions you should have no issues I've used it a lot and only once did I lose the pod population as I was called into work just after adding the medicine and couldn't follow up

Salifert flatworm exit is one of the few meds that can be added directly to your display tank that will not harm fish, coral or inverts and most common loss of fish, coral and inverts are the dead flatworms and the toxins that they have the potential to release upon death depending on the size of your tank and how big the flatworm population is will determine what happens in your tank.

Any fish or inverts that eat the dead or dying flatworms will not be harmed by the medicine or in most cases by the toxin the flatworms release just might make them unhappy for a day or 2

Scythanith
03-13-2015, 02:41 AM
Flatworm Exit. I have gone the natural predator route and it never works for me. A double dose of FWE did the job for me. Have a good water change ready, a siphon hose to suck out all the floating FW's, a fine mesh net to net them out of the water column, and a big ol' carbon reactor full and ready to go.

Follow the instructions, aside from the double dose part (at your own discretion). I have a mixed reef and saw no ill effects on anything but the FWs.

bumper
03-13-2015, 05:09 AM
I have a lot of this product, I can ship it if you're interested.

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=112634