PDA

View Full Version : FS: 165w led dim-able light

Adamk
03-06-2015, 07:44 PM
I bought this light form China as name brand lights where out of my price range at the time and it worked great. I was getting really good growth out of my lps coral and was only running it a 60%. My fingure leather doubled in size in 2 months and my zoas where averaging a new polyp every 2 weeks.
I have switched to a larger tank now and no longer need this light.. only ran for 3 month at 60% max, specs are below.
text 604-831-3920 for pics

$100.00 obo

. Dimmable 165W LED Aquarium Light with Lens for each led.
. Total power: 165w
. Two Dimmers, two power cords and two on/off switches to control blue &white separately
. Working temperature: -20 to 40 Degree Celsius
· LED Output Power: 55pcs*3w
· Reflective cup degree: 90°
· Lifespan: 30000 hours
· Casing color: Black
· Product dimension:400x212x60mm(15.75x825x2.25)
· working voltage:23v

Adamk
03-06-2015, 09:59 PM
pending

Adamk
03-07-2015, 06:09 PM
sold

reefwithareefer
03-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Thanks Adam
Nice meeting you.

Newbies
03-25-2015, 04:48 PM
What is the brand name of the light? I'm looking for some new LED's for a 7' long 245 g display. I'm very interested in checking it out. Thanks
Sam

gobytron
03-25-2015, 05:16 PM
1 - this post is from 3 weeks ago.
2 - this item is sold
3 - you are in Alberta

Newbies
03-25-2015, 09:23 PM
1 - this post is from 3 weeks ago.
2 - this item is sold
3 - you are in Alberta

1 - I realize the post is 3 weeks old
2 - that the unit has sold
3 - that I'm from Alberta!!

Now that we have that out of the way, all I was asking was the brand name he bought so I could look into the light for myself to maybe buy a new one for my tank as he says he had great luck and growth with it. That's all but thanks for the VERY USEFULL REPLY gobytron!!

gobytron
03-25-2015, 09:48 PM
You might try pm'ing...

Apologies if your post was misconstrued.

Galizio
03-25-2015, 10:41 PM
Sounds like is an aqua mars, off ebay,i have one, just order a second unit, my zoas ,sps and euphylia grow a lot, the only thing I don't like are the fans a little too loud....hope this help a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobytron
03-25-2015, 10:43 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MarsAqua-Dimmable-165W-LED-Aquarium-Grow-Light-Full-Spectrum-Reef-Coral-LPS-SPS-/370857093101

Newbies
03-25-2015, 11:00 PM
Right on thanks guys I'm ordering it as we speak:biggrin:

Cheers

reefwithareefer
03-26-2015, 03:06 AM
Right on thanks guys I'm ordering it as we speak:biggrin:

Cheers

I would suggest that you do not.....I am the one who bought it and it is no good as far as I can tell.

For the price he was asking I figured it would be a good time to see how cheap led lights worked compared to my halides and T5 setup.

It is a resounding "they do not!"

Now granted I have a 27" deep tank, so it may be ok for you. But the intensity seemed strong enough. I do not have a par meter so no real way of checking..

I have had this running at the end of my 8ft tank, beside my halide fixture. It is above my zoa garden, softies and monti.

Within three weeks my zoa colonies have shrunk and lost color. The softies seem ok, but are not what they were under the halide fixture.
The monti seems to be holding its color better, but hard to say anything about growth...

I put my halides back over the zoas etc three days ago and already see a difference.

I will admit that when I only turn on the blue leds at night the zoas pop like mad, but that does not mean the par/pur is any good for growth etc. I assume the UV/blacklight is just giving the color and not actinic. The whites just yellow the tank, not nice at all. My water is pretty clear when compared to a cup of RO/DI water next to it...

If you want to buy it, I will sell it to you...:) But save your money and buy an Aquabeam...Great pur numbers, quality build and the price is great as well. J&L has them and google it to see why I suggest you look at those instead of anything else. I am going to buy one once I sell this one...:)

On a side note, not sure if it is a "mars" led. No branding... Does not change my opinion of cheap led lights. Methinks you get what you pay for. Pur is more important than par and they all rave about par instead of pur

This is a good start to your research, before choosing IMO
http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/Aquarium_Lighting.html

reefwithareefer
03-26-2015, 04:00 AM
Meant Aquaray, not Aquabeam...glug, glug , glug