PDA

View Full Version : Anything positive to report from the frag swap !

The Guy
03-01-2015, 07:10 PM
I may have missed it but have not seen any posts of great deals or swaps from this event. :noidea:

The Guy
03-02-2015, 03:59 AM
I may have missed it but have not seen any posts of great deals or swaps from this event. :noidea:
So "nobody" got any bargins or good trades on Saturday's frag swap!
I had a medical appointment that day and couldn't make it there, but with no positive comments on good deals or trades I guess I didn't miss much.

mikepclo
03-02-2015, 04:07 AM
Here you go sir ;)

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111772

albert_dao
03-02-2015, 04:12 AM
So "nobody" got any bargins or good trades on Saturday's frag swap!
I had a medical appointment that day and couldn't make it there, but with no positive comments on good deals or trades I guess I didn't miss much.

0______________0

There's like a 20+ page thread... I was clearing out ultra hammers and frogspawns at $10 a pop at the end of it.

F.H snagged a Cornbred Trash Mummy Eye frag from me at $50. Here's some links for a perspecitve:

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/selling-forum-livestock/65518-chalices-tangerine-dreams-cornbread-trash-mummy-eye-tec-wm-wysiwyg-frags.html

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=133136596746306&story_fbid=634571953269432

So... Yah...

Edit #2: I almost forgot the 24k Heliofungia that was won simply for attending ($150 retail value)...

Edit #3: Not to mention that Ryan and Mike's SPS specials.

Edit #4: Let's just say the end of day "I don't want to go home with stuff" specials would have made even the biggest miser blush :P

mikepclo
03-02-2015, 04:21 AM
$50?? I was eyeing that mummy eye all day!!! Looked expensive so I didn't ask!! :(

jhj0112
03-02-2015, 05:21 AM
Oh yeah! Chantal/I won oceanic coral gift certificate TWICE!! we almost felt bad lol.. Tyler gave my girl chance to draw the door prize.. your welcome timbits!! :biggrin:

we got to talk a lot of familiar/ new members. got to talk/share experience about each other's tanks.. Chantal was talking about good guy albert, nice thomas, Anthony's daughters (felicia and isabella)...

oh we got good deal on chalice and a nice ric...

hmm what else?! :mrgreen:

The Guy
03-02-2015, 05:27 AM
Here you go sir ;)

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111772
Thanks for the original thread, I saw that when it was originally posted.
I was looking for canreef members or individuals to post their own thread to say what they got the day of the swap meet, instead of in the original thread where you have to go through all the pages. :biggrin:
I guess I was unclear on how I worded it, MY Bad!!!

rishu_pepper
03-02-2015, 05:49 AM
Clear outs? Man, next time I'm coming at the END of the swap! :lol:

I got a smashing deal on a bunch of corals from Albert, and he even agreed to hold it for me at Tyler's for a couple more weeks until my new tank is up. Now THAT'S service! :biggrin:

WarDog
03-02-2015, 06:12 AM
Clear outs? Man, next time I'm coming at the END of the swap! :lol:

No doubt!!!! Next time I'll bring the wife and have dinner at the lounge, say around 5pm. Then load up on the sweet end-of-day deals! :lol:

reeferious
03-02-2015, 07:47 AM
aside from few hiccups that we know will be taken care of b/4 next event by our very appreciated and dedicated organizers I for one was able to pass along few things that I had an abundance of and at same time picked up bunch of equipment and supplies for next to nothin while snagging some nice frags at a very reasonable price

The Guy
03-02-2015, 01:35 PM
:thumb: Great to see that people are bringing equipment as well, why not have it all.
Sounds like the organizers did a great job.

gmann
03-03-2015, 06:01 AM
0______________0

There's like a 20+ page thread... I was clearing out ultra hammers and frogspawns at $10 a pop at the end of it.

F.H snagged a Cornbred Trash Mummy Eye frag from me at $50. Here's some links for a perspecitve:

Edit #4: Let's just say the end of day "I don't want to go home with stuff" specials would have made even the biggest miser blush :P

WTH man, why didn you show me these $10 frags when i came? lol

Animal-Chin
03-03-2015, 05:55 PM
I got 3 ultra ricordia that would have cost me $105 at J&L for $30. I was stoked about that.

Tn23
03-03-2015, 08:29 PM
I got 3 ultra ricordia that would have cost me $105 at J&L for $30. I was stoked about that.
What a steal!! Maybe the idoit that sold you the ricordias didn't know there were 3 heads? :D

Animal-Chin
03-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Nah I think he's just a good guy...

The Guy
03-04-2015, 10:32 AM
Nah I think he's just a good guy...

Ya, I think "some" reefers like trying to help out others by giving a good deal and aren't interested in making a ton of money. :thumb:

albert_dao
03-04-2015, 06:08 PM
Ya, I think "some" reefers like trying to help out others by giving a good deal and aren't interested in making a ton of money. :thumb:

Naw, pretty sure he was just an idiot <__<

jason604
03-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Naw, pretty sure he was just an idiot <__<

lol!

Tn23
03-04-2015, 06:33 PM

Agreed with Albert, That guy is the biggest idiot! :mrgreen:
oh by the way Laurie, I was the idiot that sold it to him FYI. :twised:

crimper
03-04-2015, 06:50 PM

I can't believe I was dealing with an idiot... now I know why I always get great deals. :lol:

The Guy
03-04-2015, 07:22 PM

See now there you go, :lol: you are among the "some group" that's a hoot and nice to see I was was right thinking to myself it was you.

Animal-Chin
03-04-2015, 09:39 PM
I think I just confused him when he asked what my canreef name was and I said Animal Chin. After that I could see he was dazed so i went in for the kill...lol

04V10
03-04-2015, 09:54 PM
GRRR.. I wish we had frag swaps here.... damn winter makes me wanna escape just looking into my reef...but alas, there's no new additions..:lol:

The Guy
03-04-2015, 11:53 PM
[QUOTE=04V10;939179]GRRR.. I wish we had frag swaps here.... damn winter makes me wanna escape just looking into my reef...but alas, there's no new additions..:lol:[/QUOTE

Ya we are lucky to have people here on the coast and lower mainland that host these swaps. :clap2:

BubblesUp
03-06-2015, 05:57 PM
I got some great deals from Ryan and a Monti collection from Kelly I had been looking for. Unfortunately I was coming down with a head-cold and wasn't feeling well. I was going to stay to the end for the super-deals and help clean-up. I've offered my assitance in the future to help the organizers with raffle, purchase-checking, name tags and the like. It was an extremely well attended event and there was little room to move around. You missed a good frag swap.

The Guy
03-06-2015, 06:19 PM
I got some great deals from Ryan and a Monti collection from Kelly I had been looking for. Unfortunately I was coming down with a head-cold and wasn't feeling well. I was going to stay to the end for the super-deals and help clean-up. I've offered my assitance in the future to help the organizers with raffle, purchase-checking, name tags and the like. It was an extremely well attended event and there was little room to move around. You missed a good frag swap.

I'm hearing the plan is to use a little bigger place for the next one, if it's going to be a regular thing that's probably a good idea, totally plan on being at the next one. "I hope" :lol:

harlequin01
03-08-2015, 01:07 AM
I heard the place was too crowded, too bad I couldn't come.