PDA

View Full Version : Out of business?

Bob I
09-19-2004, 03:11 AM
Thought you guys in the East might know. Did that guy with Canadian reef go out of business. :question: I always suspected he was just a basement operation.

Quinn
09-19-2004, 04:04 AM
I was arranging to do some trades with him a while back and he dropped off the map... he does post on RC still I think. His cohort who was apparently the actual owner of the zoo tank won an award for it recently as well.

mr_alberta
09-19-2004, 05:08 AM
I believe they openned up an actual store called "Extreme Marine" or something like that. I don't know if they still do online shopping though.

theshad
09-21-2004, 11:36 AM
To the best of my knowledge Canadian Reef have closed their doors.

Extreme Marine (http://www.emarine.ca) does not have any affiliation with Canadian Reef.

Archie
09-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Hello,
Yes, the above statement is correct. I was a former co-owner of Canadian Reef and I am currently the owner of Extreme Marine, a retail store in Toronto. We have just opened our doors as of Sept. 9th, and will be involved in online sales in the near future. Extreme Marine in no way is affiliated to Canadian Reef.

Oh and BTW, yes I am the proud owner of the August 2004 Reefcentral Tank of the Month.

Thanks and regards,
Archie Luz

Quinn
09-21-2004, 06:35 PM
What happened to your partner at Canadian Reef? Is he still reefing? Is it true he sold his SPS tank?

Archie
09-22-2004, 02:30 AM
To be honest with you, I really don't know what my former partner is up to. The SPS tank you are referring to you was actually my old 150 gallon that I mentioned in my article on RC (http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-08/totm/index.htm).

Quinn
09-22-2004, 02:31 AM
But it wasn't you who I was corresponding with, was it? If not, did your partner ever own that SPS tank?

Archie
09-22-2004, 02:48 AM
No, he never did own that tank. The tank was torn down well before my business venture commenced with him. Let me now if there was something he was supposed to get for you. I now have much greater access to coral due to my business.

mr_alberta
09-22-2004, 03:04 AM
Will Extreme Marine be doing mail order for livestock as well? Always interested in finding more places for livestock :cool:

Archie
09-22-2004, 03:17 AM
I am certainly considering being involved in the mail order business. Perhaps once things settle down at the shop. I'll be sure to make an announcement and be involved in the sponsorship of this forum, if and when that happens.

Doug
09-22-2004, 01:59 PM
Hello,
Yes, the above statement is correct. I was a former co-owner of Canadian Reef and I am currently the owner of Extreme Marine, a retail store in Toronto. We have just opened our doors as of Sept. 9th, and will be involved in online sales in the near future. Extreme Marine in no way is affiliated to Canadian Reef.

Congrats on the new place Archie. :biggrin:

Zerandise
09-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Archie is on another board i hang out on as well. I have done some business in the past with him too. Great guy to deal with. cant wait till he does online sales. you guys will love his product. great quality.

Dan_G25
10-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Hi, I am new here and I live in Toronto. I can't seem to find any decent lfs around here =/. But I haven't been to extreme marine yet, I have a question for the owner, do you carry equipment aswell as livestock? Because I'm having trouble finding a place with PC lighting. thanks. :biggrin:

Archie
10-03-2004, 04:08 PM
We carry an extensive line of dry goods. We currently have T5 fixtures on hand, and can bring in any PC (Coralife & JBJ) and MH (Maxkor, XM, Sun Aquatics, Geissman) fixtures and bulbs within a few days notice. We just opened up a few weeks ago and are in the process of stocking up.

We are currently the exclusive Canadian dealer/distributor of the fantastic German H&S Protein Skimmers and Calcium Reactors.
Our store is located at 2700 Dufferin St., Unit 9 (4 lights south of Lawrence). Hope to see you there.

Regards,
Archie

mr_alberta
10-03-2004, 04:09 PM
Hi Dan, Welcome to the board!

Have you tried out http://www.aquariumpros.ca? They are an online forum as well based in Toronto I believe and they have a list of some of the local Toronto stores.

Dan_G25
10-03-2004, 10:22 PM
Wicked, I'll probably be in next weekend. I'll probably order some coralife Pc's. From your website I'm taking it you have loads of livestock (5,000 gallons es muy grande, si?) so I won't bug you to list the stuff you got =). I'm starting up a 10g nano (my first SW tank) and I'm sure I'll be able to get everything I need from your store. I don't like doing online purchases :cry: so this I'm glad i got your store as a valuable asset to my ventures in this hobby :mrgreen: . And thanks for the link I found it very infromative.

Chrismo
12-13-2004, 12:59 AM
Hey Dan or anybdy,

Here is my list of Toronto LFS stores... I think I' only missing one of them. The Big als in Oakville - Maps often included too :)

http://metricksystem.com/chris/lfs/

Chrismo

Lazer Bubble
01-25-2005, 04:51 AM
Last i heard Canadian reef was still operating but that was a couple months ago. Abother site to try based in ontario is www.reefescape.ca .

Willow
01-25-2005, 04:58 AM
Last i heard Canadian reef was still operating but that was a couple months ago. Abother site to try based in ontario is www.reefescape.ca .

wow all the mods that got canned at aquariumpros. hrmm

Mitchell
02-09-2005, 01:02 AM
wow all the mods that got canned at aquariumpros. hrmm

ya we got canned :mrgreen: :rolleyes: please.................................