PDA

View Full Version : Deserve to be seen

Invigor
09-19-2004, 02:58 AM
http://www.aquariumstands.net/

:eek: :eek: :eek:
wow! I had no idea stands could be so beautiful!

Three thumbs up for Robert and Rhonda!

AJ_77
09-19-2004, 06:37 AM
Uh-huh, sure, nice... you related? :confused:

:mrgreen:

Chad
09-19-2004, 04:57 PM
I think it looks tooooo nice.. takes away from the tank..

A bit much I think..

Quinn
09-19-2004, 05:50 PM
There are a number which are much more minimal, quite nice.

DOO-E
09-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Im with chad. A stand should be nice but not so nice it takes away from the tank.

albert_dao
09-20-2004, 07:18 AM
I dunno man, if I had a Ferrari, I'd probably put a lot of effort into making my garage look like a palace. It just makes sense. Why not put real effort into making your display the best it can be? How can a stand detract from the overall appearance of the tank? You're trying to tell me that you'd rather have your plain, run-of-the-mill cabinet designs over these things? Odd.

But whatever, we're all entitled to our own opinions.

Quinn
09-20-2004, 07:24 AM
Ever wonder why there's so much empty space in art galleries...

Chad
09-20-2004, 08:05 AM
Its just a distraction when you want to look at the stand more than the tank... I mean the focus is the tank. When I first saw the picture.. all I saw was the stand.. I didn't even notice the tank until I looked for it.

I'm all for a nice designed tank stand to "frame" your tank. But when the stand becomes the focus I think its too much. Not sure about you but I want people to be "oohing and ahhhing" at my tank. The stand is just an accessory.

The stands they have are awesome.. no doubt.. unreal workmanship. Just that one in particular is too much. Deserves to be a piece on its own.

JMHO...

Majestic_Aquariums
09-20-2004, 01:27 PM
That's fair-It just depends on what your'e looking for.
When building it, the first goal was to create a stand that would complement the tank.
While the subject is running, can anyone tell me the biggest thing they dislike about their stand design?

Working on more designs, and would like a general consenus from the experts. One thing we are working on is a removeable front panel for the face of the canopy. This would make cleaning easier. Anyone see the benefit to a roll-out shelf for a sump? Your plumbing would need to be dis-connected, or have flexible lines though.
But if these things con be modified, the sump itself would roll out past cabinet doors, to allow for access to the sump. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Robert.

DOO-E
09-20-2004, 03:10 PM
O hell there are nice stands in that site that i would love to have a nice stand that doesnt take away from the tank. That first stand is just too flashy for me. But yes like you said we are all entitled to our own opinions.