PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for next swap meet

navbc
03-01-2015, 03:12 PM
To organizer of swap meet thanks for organizing the even. This is my first swap meet, I was super excited I even brought my wife and son to the even unfortunately the display tank are little too close to each other that everyone cramp together to take a look. my wife and son got disappointed that they couldn't see or get anything. It's always a good thing to get family involved. So for next even hope that we can get the table a little further apart then everyone got to see all the wonderful coral and hard work that you guy did and it make the even even more enjoyable. Thank you

seabreeze
03-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Yes good point :nod:

It did get really packed in there!

Maybe a silent auction on a couple of exquisite pieces? Could auction off per hour. Of course everyone wants to be there first to grab them... and would give some others a chance.

I predict soon this event will have people parking chairs outside the night before LOL

reefwithareefer
03-07-2015, 01:00 AM
To organizer of swap meet thanks for organizing the even. This is my first swap meet, I was super excited I even brought my wife and son to the even unfortunately the display tank are little too close to each other that everyone cramp together to take a look. my wife and son got disappointed that they couldn't see or get anything. It's always a good thing to get family involved. So for next even hope that we can get the table a little further apart then everyone got to see all the wonderful coral and hard work that you guy did and it make the even even more enjoyable. Thank you

The wife and I felt the same...
Maybe have the rare/desirable ones set in a different area/tank, hidden away and every hour put some of them in the main display so all get a chance, instead of just the earlybirds? May help the crunch at the beginning.

Or get one of those ticket dispensers and everyone takes a ticket when they arrive, then let in a certain amount of people who have tickets thru every hour. solves the crunch, keeps people around, helps vendors from being swamped or things going missing.. Plus we can relax and buy a beer and chat. include the "adding rare items to the main display idea" and everyone gets a chance without feeling they have to rush etc

We wanted to stay etc, but it was too crowded, although that is a good thing too.

Not meant as criticism, just ideas..

apexifd
03-07-2015, 01:10 AM
We need a bouncer at the door and another in the swap.

spit.fire
03-07-2015, 01:12 AM
We have a lot of different plans in motion for the next swap, we will announce what is going on / changes that are being made closer to the date of the next swap. Sorry about not getting a chance to get in through the crowd, next swap will be better.