PDA

View Full Version : mixing wrasses?

Gools
09-18-2004, 03:07 AM
I have a 6 line and want to get a 4 line. In a 180g tank can they get along?

corper
09-18-2004, 03:34 AM
From what I have been told, no. Six line wrasses are very agressive towards new fish in general. Adding a fish the same size and color is kind of risky. If your tank is large enough that they won't run into each other and providing you have lots of live rock and places for them to hide, you might get away with it. Ask at you local fish store or try to Google the fish to check for compatability. I have had to remove three similar fish because my six line kept nipping at them. Hope that helps.

Stirfry
09-18-2004, 03:41 AM
if you are intent about adding this one thing that i know with cichlids and more aggressive fish like triiger eel ... is that if you change the rock around in the tank it is new teritorry for both fish and this might help a bit but i have also heard that the four line wrasse is less aggressive that the six line and i agree with the prievious post that 6 line wrasse can be very aggressive against new fish

man i cant spell:(

let me know how it works out??!!
hop i waas helpfull

Cap'n
09-18-2004, 05:50 AM
I wouldn't recommend mixing a couple wrasses so similar. My six-line was very aggressive towards the juv. diana's hogfish, and they don't share many of the same characteristics aside from both being a wrasse and predominantly red.