PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Management for 220 gallon with sump

Bartonious
02-22-2015, 06:06 PM
I am look for ideas to sort and organize my electrical chords, controller, power bar, and places to mount my doser pumps. Would like to see different setups in and outside the sump.

My concern is mounting control boards on the inside back wall of my sump due to the moisture, presence of water, etc.

Any opinions/ideas that you can forward to help guide and organize my electrical would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

WarDog
02-22-2015, 08:32 PM
Hi, I got inspiration for my electrical management from The Grizz's build here: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=96944. Most of his wiring starts at around page 30. His whole journal is a good read!

If I had to do it again I would definitely have a dedicated side cabinet for all the electrical goodies. I am dealing with moisture in the sump area by using an 80mm computer fan exhausting 24/7.
Humidity never goes over 50%, which I think is good, but I removed my Apex to outside the cabinet on Bblinks recommendation, just to be safe.

My electrical management starts on page 14 of my build journal.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. More than happy to help.

Cheers.

Bartonious
02-22-2015, 10:00 PM
Thanks! This is exactly what I am looking for. What do you have your doser pumps main body in? Looks like some sort of black box?

WarDog
02-23-2015, 01:11 AM
Glad to help! That's a Vertex Libra automated dosing unit.

Bartonious
02-23-2015, 11:32 AM
OK, cause I was wondering if you can buy containment box for these dosers. To protect against moisture and water splashes / spills, etc. I am getting the doser 2, by Ghl.