PDA

View Full Version : Julian Sprung's Sea Veggies

AJ_77
09-18-2004, 03:07 AM
One foil pouch of "Red Seaweed" (Palmaria Palmata). Tried a bit of it, didn't much care for it. :eek:

Just kidding - if your tangs like this stuff, give me a shout.

UnderWorldAquatics
09-18-2004, 04:06 AM
I dont know if you know this already so please dont take offense.... the julian sprung sea veggies of all kinds are much better for your fish than nori from the supermarket.... if you gave some to your fish and they didnt like it, it is because they are not used to it... you will need to feed almost the whole foil pack untill they will lik it, then they will devour it... much better for them... just a heads up

I have feed it for years with great results

EmilyB
09-18-2004, 08:15 AM
The red stuff sucks Alan, the green Sprung is the only one my fish have ever taken. But I can put it in my next batch of homemade if you want to get rid of it. :mrgreen:

AJ_77
09-18-2004, 04:06 PM
I had an idea as to the value of the Sprung product, that's why I forked over $12.99 for it... :eek: But it's a royal pain to get on the tubing/elastic feeder - it isn't in nice uniform sheets, you have to peel apart this giant clump. So between the cost, difficulty and finding half of it shredded all over the aquarium, I'm not sure the nutritional value can win me over. I can believe it's a better tang food in the long term, but not nearly convenient enough for me to use all the time.

Maybe there's another strategy I should consider? If not, then Deb's it is! :mrgreen: